News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Looking for Big Boots

Started by SilvrSRT10, April 02, 2008, 01:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilvrSRT10

I've been looking at riding gear and so far haven't found boots in my size. I wear a US mens 16 wide. If anyone has seen boots that size please let me know. The largest I've seen so far is a 15 US or 50 Euro. I may have to end up going with a non motorcycle type boot for protection. Any help appreciated.

Big Dave

Stretch

That's pretty big.

If you don't get a good variety of responses here, try asking on Adventure Rider's "Equipment" forum...  http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6

TigerTrax

I wear 15 ... pushing 16.

Yu gonna find dat da uopean manufacturers don't make doz boots.

I tink you gonna have to stick mit some good old Red Wings.... made in the USA.... they have a good under-standing of things! Check their 'waterproof leather' line-up.

Many years ago at a regional Sales meeting to introduce the NEW MANAGEMENT TEAM...
my District Mgr saw me when I arrived and waved me over to him
(HOSPITALITY ROOM).
I assumed he was going to introduce me to the new NATIONAL SALES MANAGER... instead he says to the other guy, " Look at this guys feet, they are the biggest I have ever seen!" And they both had a chuckle. Now at 6'5" tall... most things do not bother me.. so as they were leaning over admiring my well polished shoes... I simply said, ' Barns stand on big foundations and outhouses stand on small ones!'

I turned and walked away .... waiting for the infamous.. " YOU're FIRED!"
Never happened.... never came up again.

So put your best boot forward.... and when you cannot find a pair.....
go kick a Bull in the ass and walk away with him!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

HockleyBoy

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

SilvrSRT10

Thanks for the responding. If I don't find anything soon, I will certainly post over on Advrider. I lurk there a lot anyhow.

I get asked how big I am almost daily. It's become routine. The other problem I have is not only are my feet big but they are wide too. I suppose I might be able to fit into a 15 if it is really wide like 3 or 4 E. I'll check out Redwing and keep a watch on Ebay and thanks for the link. Hoping to have my bike and do some riding in W.VA at the Ride In. But I want to be dressed for the occasion.  :D

BD

TigerTrax

Look forward to meeting you.

I'll be there in my RedWings!

HappyMan

Dems some big feet fella's......I've kicked cats smaller than that.  :shock:
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

blacktiger

Not cheap, but look at the Daytona Big Travel GTX - imported up to a EUR 51 by Helimot.  

http://www.helimot.com/shopexd.asp?id=77

I'm only a 15, currently squeezing into some Oxtar Infinities.  Will probably be moving to the Sidi On-Roads this year though.  

Coleman
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

SilvrSRT10

Thanks to the pointer here I found the Alpinestar Tech 3 in size 16. What I can't find is a width designation. Does anyone know how wide they run? D, 2E etc.? A narrow boot won't do me any good. Do they run wide like a "Newbalance" or narrow like a "Nike"?

HockleyBoy

Found this in relation to some other Alpinestars boots, the S-MX4 boots, don't know if its relevant to all Alpinestars or just those particular ones.

"Sizing Information:
I find the length of these boots to follow the chart well. The width is wider than most... I'd say D or E comfortably, or even EE. The toe is very round as well, so that would work well for those with wider feet. Folks who have narrow feet should stay away from this one. Go with a boot that runs more narrow (by comparison) such as Sidi."
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

TigerTrax

Just a note:
Many years ago I sold shoes while working my way thru school.
Just before closing time one July night in walks this gal in baggy jeans, sloppy T-shirt, with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth.

She looked me square in the eye ... I'm 6'5" tall...

She needs a pair of white tennis shoes .......
for HIGH SCHOOL marching band!

A low cut mens size 15 would not lace up on her foot!

SilvrSRT10

Quote from: "TigerTrax"She looked me square in the eye ... I'm 6'5" tall...

A low cut mens size 15 would not lace up on her foot!

That's a BIG girl. I walked in on the Chinese womens basketball team at a restaurant one afternoon. There were some big girls there too.

littlefield

You could contact the folks at newenough.com. They're very helpful and knowledgeable about apparel.