News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

rear brake pads

Started by miltos, April 14, 2008, 11:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miltos

Hi,changed brake pads before always but now im stucked -how to to push
the pistons back into their bores so i can fit the pads. Im pushing with screwdriver and other things ..but. Any suggestions??? Feel so stupid. Thank you guys.
always Triumph

Stretch

I just use pair of ChannelLock pliers to squeeze the pistons back into the caliper...

Wrap pieces of cloth rag around the serrated jaws to protect the pistons and caliper, though.

A 'C'-clamp would work also...

miltos

thanks ever so much for help!!
always Triumph

noivson

Use the old pad to help, Centers the piston. Reduce the chance of marring the skirt. Same as the flat stock in Stretch's photo.
Ride More-Worry Less! \'05 Lucifer Orange \'S\'

Stretch

I stole 'em off the 'web.

noivson

Ha! the son has finally relented and gave me a copy of Photoshop...along with repeated instructions on how to 'borrow' pics..... :roll:
Ride More-Worry Less! \'05 Lucifer Orange \'S\'

droopydawg

I use the channel lock method too, with a shop cloth as a cushion so as not to f*** up the caliper.  I also loosen the bleeder screw before hand to lessen the pressure behind the piston (it is hydralic pressure after all that pushes the piston out.)