News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Every time I read ADV.......aka the BACON THREAD

Started by Mustang, April 05, 2008, 11:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

talk about macgyver, i hope he makes a bacon helicopter next :lol:     or a minigun :twisted:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Bixxer Bob

You know how guys will always go for practicality over convention if there are no females involved??

Well,  I visited an unmarried friend not know for his ability to get up of a morning with the plan to go for a day's ride.  As usual, he was running late, but trying to get breakfast whilst gathering his kit together.  He thought it would be quicker to skewer some bacon on a fork and dangle it in the electric toaster than get a frying pan out......  It did an unsurprisingly good job of setting off the smoke alarm.... :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

oxnsox

Quote.. It did an unsurprisingly good job of setting off the smoke alarm...

...  yes  but did it cut the toaster in half.....
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bear

The Double Bacon Hamburger Fatty Melt
Three bacon-stuffed grilled cheese sandwichs for buns, cheese, bacon and two four-ounce beefs patties. :shock:
2006 Black Tiger
Street Triple (Minister for War & Finance)
DZR 250 K6 (Kids)
KTM 600
TT600
XT250
KT120

Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

HappyMan

Quote from: "Bear"
The Double Bacon Hamburger Fatty Melt
Three bacon-stuffed grilled cheese sandwichs for buns, cheese, bacon and two four-ounce beefs patties. :shock:

I think my heart just blew up..... :shock:
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

coachgeo

oh my gawddddd.. that looks delissish if they use real cheeder and not the damn sliced processed pieces of plastic falsley called cheese.

Though that would be 2 meals for me most likely.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Mustang

**lifted from JoMama**

Bacon Soap
Materials and Tools

Bacon Fat
100% lye
Purified water, both liquid and solid
Liquid Smoke (for fragrance)
Red Food coloring
Stove
pyrex baking pan
Chemical/heat resistant plastic bowl
Measuring cup
Cotton cloth or paper towels
Wooden or stainless steel spoon
Metal can
Kitchen thermometer

Use the following ratio

7-1/2 parts bacon fat
1 part crystalline lye
2 parts water

Prepare the bacon soap
1. Melt the bacon fat on the stove, go slowly and don't let it boil or sizzle. Skim off any particles or debris that float to the surface of the melted bacon fat.

2. Filter the melted bacon fat by pouring it through cloth or paper towels into a large, clean metal can.

3. Still warm, your bacon fat should now look uniform, clear, and junk-free. Measure your bacon fat then calculate the proper amount of lye using the ratio above.

4. Measure 2 parts purified water, feel free to include some ice in it as the lye will get very hot. In a heat-resistant, nonmetal container pour in your 2 parts water, then slowly pour in the crystalline lye.

5. Take a break and wait for the lye-water mixture to cool down. Do not leave the lye mixture unattended. When the lye-water mixture is around 100 degrees F check your bacon fat and see that it is about the same temp, heat on the stove if necessary. Slowly pour the warm lye mixture into the warm bacon fat.

6. Stir the mixture for up to 2 hours as it cools. When the mixture begins to show white soap stripes on the top surface move on to the next step.

7. While the soap mixture is still a thick liquid but showing the white soap stripes you can mix in the liquid smoke flavoring as a fragrance. Also, if you want to make your bacon soap to look like bacon pour a small portion of the mixture into a separate container and add a bit of red dye.
Pour the beige, thick, proto-soap into a pyrex glass pan, then take the red-dyed proto-soap and pour stripes into it to make it look like bacon.

8. Let the soap set, or cure, for at least 36 hours, then cut blocks into desired shapes from the greater slab. Do this while it's still relatively soft. Allow the soap to continue to cure for at least 2 weeks.

Enjoy bathing in bacon

**Thanks to Make magazine for the instructions.

JetdocX

I don't get the "skim off any particles or debris" part.  WTF?  No one likes to snack in the bathtub while soaking in baconny goodness? :roll:
From parts unknown.

aeronca

i'd leave the particle in - it would be like lava soap :)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JetdocX

My two favorite things!  Thanks, Stretch!
From parts unknown.

Tom Herold

Great, now I'm hungry and horney!
1999 Triumph Trophy 1200
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2005 Triumph Tiger

"When people believe you to be the fool, why open your mouth and remove all doubt....??"
Gen. George S. Patton

oxnsox

I like where Stretch shops....
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

aeronca

hey stretch, all's those girls need is some of this http://www.bakonvodka.com/  8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

ChrisN

Chris