News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Purty '98 Steamer on eBay

Started by abruzzi, April 05, 2008, 04:12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abruzzi

Just saw this--Last year of the steamer on ebay, some say the best:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Triumph-Tiger-1998- ... dZViewItem

Not, mine, but I wish it was...Somwhere in Alabama.

Geof

eatalotapeaches

That bike looks like its about to take a nap!  Look at the lean angle...  gives me the the heeby jeeby's thinking about MY baby falling over like that.
2003 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange 50k

Hooligan

96 Steamer
07 KTM 950R SE
05 KTM 450 EXC
06 KTM 85 SX
09 KTM 105 SX

Dr. Mordo

It's interesting that they've run Mobil-1 in it.  Full synth oil is supposed to cause sprag failure.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

JetdocX

Show me where I'm not supposed to run full synth in my bike, please.

I call bullshit.
From parts unknown.

Dr. Mordo

Disclaimer: pretty drunk.

I'm not where my bike is, but doesn't the manual recommend non-synth or semi-synth?

I also remember reading either here or at the yahoo group that full synth could take out the sprag.  I think it was from a Triumph service bulletin.

Anyway, I don't have any personal investment one way or the other; I just thought it was interesting.  I would have no trouble believing that full synth would be ok, but I wouldn't be the one to press to test. Two sprag changes was enough for me.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

tigerrider

(sorry to drag this thread back up)

The full synth Triumph Brand or the equal (Mobil 1) had to be used in the Triumph or else it would void the warranty.

per my mech at the time.