News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Injected Steamer

Started by basitadam, April 15, 2008, 09:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

basitadam

Hi,

Managed to run my old friend with

99 Daytona 955i Throttle bodies
03 Sprint inteke Manifold rubbers
02 Sprint ST 955i Air temp sensor
00 Daytona Map sensor

and a hommade injection control unit.

i will try to upload some photos if anyone interested

Regads,

Timucin Kanatli
Istanbul/Turkey
'98 Steamer(i)

nightrunner

Wow!  Sounds like an interesting mod.  Yeah, pics please.
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

basitadam

blacktiger

Now I don't want to knock someones efforts but I would have washed the bike before doing all that fiddling.

And, my friend, you have far too much spare time.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Dr. Mordo

That is very cool.

How does it run?
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

basitadam

Quote from: "blacktiger"Now I don't want to knock someones efforts but I would have washed the bike before doing all that fiddling.

And, my friend, you have far too much spare time.

never did. wahses himself when rains.

basitadam

Quote from: "Dr. Mordo"That is very cool.

How does it run?

just like a train. no hesitation at any rpm, any load. famous 2000- 3500 rpm weakness is gone. needs to be carefull on 1st gear. become wilder. i have also installed a pair of hayabusa silencers with a little mod. exhaust sound is really low but intake sound ( i also fitted aluminum velocity stacks ) is really rally wild.

much easier on cranking. fires up instantly.

i am not a speed fan but reaches cut-off rpm so fast that i should start to get used to it.

an intersting point is the mechanical noise. as you know, we had a lot of noise especially on idle. this noise is about 50% lower. i have recorded carb. crank signals before. when i compare them with new crank signals, it seems rpm ( or circular crank velocity ) is much stable now. this should be the answer to this.

* i should consider changing alternator. 5A+5A for headlights, 5A for injection pump, 1-2A for lambda sensor, 3A pulsed injectors, plus ignition coils, seems reach 25A capacity of carb. alternators. T509 and T595 versions has 40A capacity