News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel mileage

Started by pit0rz, April 19, 2008, 04:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Do you know I've had my Tiger 10 years this may,I haven't got a clue what it does to the gallon,mid 40's?? who knows  :oops:

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Do you know I've had my Tiger 10 years this may,I haven't got a clue what it does to the gallon,mid 40's?? who knows  :oops:

:lol: Chris,  when you fill up, if you put in a tenth of the miles you've done in litres (for instance, you've done 200 miles and you put in 20 litres or you've done 160 miles and put in 16 litres)  you're doing around 45 to the gallon.  Easy formula!! 8)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Bob

Thanks for that,but it's not so much working it out,but more don't care,it's always seemed Ok so thats it.

blacktiger

Quote from: "jmurguia"Help - '06 is still only getting 36 MPG, even after 12,000 service!

Any ideas how to improve my mileage? Gas Gauge? (Headed back to dealer about both issues)...

Fit a 19T front sprocket and don't rev it over 6K. These engine start drinking fuel a lot over 6K so short shift and keep it in top gear as much as you can. The engine is torquey enough that you don't have to rev the nuts off it to make good progress. As 6K equates to 95mph you'll keep your licence too.
I know there will be the heroes chipping in to say that the fun starts above 6K but with the price of fuel these days they're welcome to it. I'll stick with my high 50s UK mpg.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Timbox2

Quote from: "blacktiger"
Quote from: "jmurguia"Help - '06 is still only getting 36 MPG, even after 12,000 service!

Any ideas how to improve my mileage? Gas Gauge? (Headed back to dealer about both issues)...

Fit a 19T front sprocket and don't rev it over 6K. These engine start drinking fuel a lot over 6K so short shift and keep it in top gear as much as you can. The engine is torquey enough that you don't have to rev the nuts off it to make good progress. As 6K equates to 95mph you'll keep your licence too.
I know there will be the heroes chipping in to say that the fun starts above 6K but with the price of fuel these days they're welcome to it. I'll stick with my high 50s UK mpg.

See, I dont think 36 US MPG is that bad, its equiv of about 43 UK MPG, which funnily enough is about what Ive been getting this week back and forth to Bristol,  Motorway cruising high 80's/90 ish, and a bit of hooning around the city centre :D.

PS: I should say most of my fuel gets paid for by the company, but not the depreciation drop on the bike having done 20k this last year, so swings and roundabouts, and how much is beer these days? £20 a gallon? I get loads more fun from a gallon of fuel and I tend to remember where Ive been too :lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

Hassan

I've tested the bike in village roads and Highway today.

Fuel consumption is 43 miles per gallon right now!!!!

MmmmMMMmmMmm....Tiger....

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks  everyone,
Special thanks to Bixxer Bob and Metalguru.

I'm calculating the fuel mileage in US gallons (3.78 liters)
\'99 885i