News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Girly Headlight Bulb Replacement

Started by Stretch, May 14, 2008, 12:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockleyBoy

QuoteWhen you say "more $$$$", how much do you mean?

Have a look here for some ideas

http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/electrical--lighting-upgrades-337-c.asp

I have found the Nightbreakers a major improvement over the standard bulbs for not too much cash.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

oxnsox

Quote from: "moose"I have no relay upgrade, the reason being is the mainbeam side lens has no pattern to dip the light to the left.  They are both different lenses, one with pattern (main and dip) and one without pattern Main only.

Sound right.  I bought a lefthand drive Girly in Spain and brought it back to righthand drive land (NZ), and had to change the lens to get it MOT'd. The cheapest option was to buy just the one lens that allowed for the Dip to the left. Now I can Dip either way depending upon relays. (or actually in my case I simply swapped the plugs over on the bulbs as I didn't have a relay and wanted to get her MOT'd)
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nimrod11

Solved, at least for now. Spoke to some guys yesterday and it seems to me that there's a first "level" of bulbs with a higher temperature (between 4000 and 5000K) that are much more efective than regular halogens. Then there's one level above that (~5500K) that is bluer but not much more effective. Then you go to the ones with reactors or balasts and they are even hotter and so very white.

From the opinions I got, above the first level, the effect is esthetics only. And as mentioned by jphish, life only goes down.

Got myself some Philips CrystalVision 4300K. Seems that the US market only has 5000k ones but that's what I found. I'll put them and and see how they look.
----------
Tiger 2004