News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Cruise Control! - Sold Out

Started by Stretch, May 16, 2008, 11:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

... on the cheap.

I bought a bunch of these Caterpillar 8M4991 o-rings... UV-resistant yellow silicone rubber, these puppies won't get hard and slick like rubber o-rings do.

Standby Mode

Cruise Mode

What does this remind you of?   :ImaPoser

Edit - Sold out, and I won't be buying any more, since I'm no longer riding.  Here's the link to where I got them...  http://www.dieselgaskets.com/prodwindow ... M4991&sc=N

ThreePutt

Thanks!

I just sent you $3 + an extra $1 for your trouble.

Tom
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

Stretch

Very kind of you.  Thanks.

On the way in today's mail.

WIDGIN

Great deal Stretch.  8)  I just ordered 4 via PP.  

Either you stole these off a truck, or the local Cat dealer was trying to fund his retirement when I bought one at their parts depot last year.   :evil:
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

Stretch

The Cat dealers have a markup to keep the lights on, pay employees, and all that jazz.  I'm just offering a public service to folks with great taste in motorcycles.  

All I need is enough to reimburse me for the o-rings and the shipping that brought them here, the Paypal fees, and a stamp and envelope to send the fledgling o-rings out into the world.

Thanks for your order.  They'll be going out in tomorrow's mail.

pit0rz

Thanks Stretch, I just sent ya some $.  Ship me one when ya can.
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

Stretch

I was able to get it in today's outgoing mail.

Thanks for your order.

pit0rz

Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

ThreePutt

I've got the ring in hand.  Thanks!  I'll try it out tomorrow.
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

klingklang

I used it for years now but unfortunately lost my last one last year. Those are the best.  Stretch, send me another 3. Pm you my coords

Stretch

Quote from: "klingklang"I used it for years now but unfortunately lost my last one last year. Those are the best.  Stretch, send me another 3. Pm you my coords

They're in Tuesday's outgoing mail.

Thanks!

paulie

Thanks for offering these up, Stretch!

paypal sent, $8 should cover two of them and shipping/finder's fee ;)
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

Stretch

Thanks, Bro.

Going out in tomorrow's mail.

pinner

So........ do I understand it right.  No addtional items needed, the ring just frictions on throttle grip?  If so, I assume they will fit a Steamer as well.
"The path to righteousness and wisdom is as narrow and difficult to walk as the razor\'s edge."

Stretch

The ring holds friction on the grip, and anchors itself (with friction) against the bar end.  They'll fit nearly anything, really.  If a bike doesn't have bar ends, the O-ring can fit in the gap between the grip and the throttle control housing.