News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Cruise Control! - Sold Out

Started by Stretch, May 16, 2008, 11:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

Quote from: "EvilBetty"Hey Stretch, got a couple left?

Quote from: "wingnut111"for 2... do you have them ribbed for her pleasure?

Yes.  And no, just plain.

EvilBetty

I may not use them for cruise control right away but I definitely want one when I go to balance the throttle bodies.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

RiderX

Ok, I gotta ping the wife on how to use our PayPal account but please set one aside for me.

EvilBetty

Got them in the mail today.  I think I saw these in a store kids are not allowed in... I mean in a magazine... that a friend gave me... that I thought was a Newsweek.

Thanks Stretch!
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

RiderX

RiderX

Please disregard the PM. I must've sent you my addy after all as my ring showed up today. Thanks!

RiderX

Ok, I gotta ask. I got my ring and slipped it over the bar end of my steamer. Apparently the gap between the bar end and the throttle grip is too wide and it falls between with nothing to grip onto. Am I missing something here? Is there an adjustment I can make?

Stretch

I'm unfamiliar with the Steamer bar ends, sorry.  Drop a PM to Mustang.  He can field-strip a Steamer blindfolded.

jsingraham

Quote from: "RiderX"Ok, I gotta ask. I got my ring and slipped it over the bar end of my steamer. Apparently the gap between the bar end and the throttle grip is too wide and it falls between with nothing to grip onto. Am I missing something here? Is there an adjustment I can make?

On my previous Tiger which was a 98, I used the Yellow CAT o-ring before I put the NEP throttle lock on it.  I don't recall having to do anything special to it, and I know that it had the factory grips and bar ends on it.  You might try pulling the bar end off and see if you can stretch or slide the end of the grip out just a bit off of the sleeve.  If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you other than you may need a larger diameter O-ring.

Jason
06 Triumph Tiger - Caspian Blue
07 Yamaha FJR - Black Cherry
86 Honda TR200 FatCat
85 Yamaha BW200 Bigwheel
02 jr 50(really for the kids!)

Stretch

This may not apply to a Steamer, but the Girly bar ends are two pieces, with a rubber isolator between the two.  The interior sleeve (that the bolt goes through) can be moved back and forth within the outer piece.  

Try pressing the inner sleeve in or out to change the clearance between the bar end and grip.  Give it a squeeze with a C-clamp or in a vise.

Stretch

Still a few left.   8)

Hittman

just sent you some dough for a couple.

Stretch

Got it, thank you.  I'm at work today (24-hour shift), but I'll have them in tomorrow's outgoing mail.

Hittman