News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Texas Turkey Season

Started by Tama's Tigre, April 27, 2008, 03:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tama's Tigre

I't turkey season in Texas...  :oops:

Tama's Tigre

Tama's turkey  :shock:

Patrick the Scot

Good aim!  How fast were you running when you hit it? What part of Tejas?
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

Tama's Tigre

Quote from: "Patrick the Scot"Good aim!  How fast were you running when you hit it? What part of Tejas?

I was going about 80 MPH... at the last second that stupid bird decided to become a suicide turkey, ran across the road and jumped.. I ducked down, and it sounded like a sonic boom!

It was yesterday, at the Texas Adventure Ride, somewhere near Junction, Texas.

John Stenhouse

I did that with a pheasant in the UK recently, thank god for crash bars since they took most of the force, but it did remove very cleanly the left hand front indicator. Left the stalk, just took the lens and backing.

£30 for a new one  :shock:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

littlefield

Is that turkey guts or love bugs on the mirrors? Looks like we'll have a bumper crop this year.

DirtBiker

I would say thank God you didn't go down!

haulin' daze

Tiger:1
Dumb Bird: 0
  :wings

Ever deep fry one? Yuuuuuuummy!

FullMonte

Glad to see you're alright.  Damn bird did some damage.  I saw a bunch of them while riding hwy 380 through Texas  on the way home  Tuesday.

Tama's Tigre

Quote from: "haulin' daze"Tiger:1
Dumb Bird: 0
  :wings

Tiger: $1,500
Turkey: DRT

haulin' daze

Ouch!! That's one 'spensive bird. Hospital bills would have been much worse though

littlefield

DRT = dead rotten turkey?
          didn't really tell?
          damaged reliable Triumph?

John Stenhouse

DRT Dead Right There
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting