News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tank bag and soft saddle bags

Started by jawad, May 27, 2008, 06:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jawad

1. Are there any soft saddle bags that work particularly well for the steamer's high exhaust?  I think I have given up on finding mounting brackets for hard bags.

2. Any tank bag that sits particularly well on this odd shaped tank?

and a couple of unrelated questions

3. Do folks put slime into their tubes?

4.  Heated grips or heated gloves?

paulie

my concise thoughts:

1.) have to defer, i own a Girly
2.) Wolfmanluggage.com
3.) Slime is bad. Just keep a patching kit with you. (edit, though i think the steamer uses tubed tires right? i may need to defer this as well, but i would not recommend slime for tubeless, thats for sure.)
4.) Grips!
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

Mustang

Slime , fix a flat .......or any of that stuff in a tubed tire is a bad bad  bad thing , When the tire goes down it does it all at once and the slime helps to break the bead which gets things slip slidin around pretty fast ......it's not fun !

I had an old Bagster tank bag that worked great until the dog ate it ...........

Any soft luggage works alright on the steamer as the cans don't get that hot and the bags are really draped over the heat shields any way

Have someone , or make them yourself  then you can use ammo cans or the alum boxes from klr.com or just about anyones alum panniers

JetdocX

I slime mine.

I bought a Wolfman tank bag.  The thing is bottomless.  I love it. :D

Heated grips.  The shizzle! :wink:
From parts unknown.

jawad

which Wolfman bags are you guys buying?

JetdocX

From parts unknown.

nightrunner

I bought the Explorer several years ago and it works great.  Later they came out with the Explorer lite and the Expeditions which all look interesting.  The Explorer is on the verge of a bit too large for the steamer IMHO.  But of course you'd prolly want a larger bag for longer trips so it varys.  Anyway I never need to use it in extended position.  I would likely try the Lite version if I were buying one now.   Note the Wolfman bags strap directly to the bike.

The other brand that caters to sloped tanks is Marsee.  Their design uses a strap-on mounting pad, and the bag clips onto the mount.  Convenient to unsnap and take with you, but flops back and forth a bit.  I tried a Marsee and returned it and got Wolfman.  I will say that both brands are very high quality bags.

Let us know what ya git and how ya like it!
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

Mudhen

I use the Explorer Lite...seems to fit like a glove.

I also use some Wolfman soft saddle bags that I picked up in Ebay - they're small but work ok...I just let them hang right on my exhaust (I have Yosh cans with no heat shields).  Never had a problem with heat at all.

And I use Gerbing glove liners...AND heated grips.  At 7f I sometimes like the extra heat...  :wink:

Pat
\'96 Steamer