News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Triumph Demo Truck

Started by Mustang, May 31, 2008, 12:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

It was a nice sunny day so a friend and I went down to Great Bay on the seacoast and rode a bunch of Triumphs . The Demo Truck was there and being a friday morning , no lines ,we'd park one and listen to the safety speech over again and go for a ride on a different Trump . How cool is that ?
My first ride was a gorgeous Orange Tiger

This bike once you are in the saddle says TIGER plain and simple it's still a tiger . But a much more refined Tiger :D  oh that motor is so smooth and the exhaust note will get you in trouble it sounds so sweet when you punch it !  :love10
The suspenders seemed to be pretty darn good but we didn't really get to wring the bikes out , we had to play follow the leader .
The brakes in the front were superb , I would have liked to get some gravel under it and see how the brakes felt ! The rear brake felt like it needed a lot of pedal effort to even get something happening  ?????

Overall I give it a big thumb's up  . 9.9 on a scale of 10 . It's worthy of the Tiger name ! :notworthy

Next I rode  aRocket 3 Toring model , with the big ass floor boards and windshield , and well big ass everything , not my cup of tea but wow is that motor huge . The bike feels much lighter than it really is  . when you pull in the clutch and blip the throttle you can feel the torque twist the bike to the right  , wild . The speedo is in the tank so it makes you take your eyes off the road to check your speed , didn't like that .
Wow this thing is a freight train and just flat ass goes , any gear from any rpm , gobs of HP and torque !

not a very good shot of it but thats it parked behind the scrambler

Rode the scrambler next and well it's just a bonnie with high pipes that'll melt your thigh and some trailwing bridgestones , with maybe an inch more shock in the rear . still feels like the bonnie when you ride it . Does look pretty with the solo seat and rack though .

So at the end of the day guess which one came home with me ?!

yep ol reliable still wins me heart over every time !

JetdocX

I miss riding my Tiger. :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
From parts unknown.

HappyMan

All those beautiful bikes and I still think the Steamer is the sharpest Tiger of them all.

I'm not into cruisers but that Rocket just screams testosterone doesn't it.  If I had the money to have a bike just to look cool in my garage I'd get one.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

haulin' daze

Thanks for the info. I love the guys and gals at Great Bay, but had to work (ugh!) both days.

pit0rz

So the Demo truck rolled into Lake George NY thi spast week for the Americade.  I got to demo the new orange Tigger also.  Just to confirm your report, a little more motor, better suspension, better brakes.  Sitting on it felt just like my '03 for the most part.  We got into some nice back roads on the demo ride, some of which were a little broken up and uneven.  The new Tiger handled it with grace at a sporting pace.  My bud was on a Street Triple and wasn't as happy over the rough sections.  For any of you considering a COMFORTABLE sport bike, you'd be hard pressed to find a better one.   :rock
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

TigerTrax

You guys, my riding buds Jim & Mike, all love the new Tiger....
I feel weak and faint .... my knees are buckling.... quick.. prop me up..
ah there it is.... Black Beauty  '06 Tiger ....

Damn, I felt like I had a nightmare for a moment!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'