News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

OEM Grip Diameter

Started by paulie, June 05, 2008, 05:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulie

OK, i realize this is a very stupid question that I could easily find out myself  :roll:

What's the OD of the OEM non-heated grips?

Need to order a pair of grip puppies today, and don't have access to my bike at the moment. Large size supposedly fits 1.45-1.65" grips, Smalls 1.25-1.45"

thanks in advance, hopefully someone knows this off the top of their head  8)
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

bahtiger

Don't know the OD of the grips, but I installed Grip Puppies on my Tiger. It felt like I was holding two Coke cans in my hands -- much, much too big. I tried to tolerate it, used them a time or three, but ultimately discarded them. YMMV.

Stretch

My factory non-heated grips measure 1.25 inches in diameter.

paulie

thanks stretch!

and yea, my old KZ had "fat" grips and i loved them, i'm still not used to how thin the tiger's grips are. plus i get a little buzziness at about 4k RPM (cruisin speed - 60mph in 6th for me), that i'd like to try and alleviate.

cheers
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

tcbezza

Just measured to outside diameter of the heated grips on my 05.

They come up as 1.43 UK inches at the widest section.
Trevor

800 Tiger Road
79 Guzzi V50
72 BSA A65
56 BSA B33