News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Territory Wisdom

Started by Advwannabe, August 09, 2007, 06:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Advwannabe

My last ride in the Territory, the week before we moved.

'She' and one of her mates visiting from Perth were doing the Kakadu thing and I rode out after work on Friday to join them.

After a quick ride into Arhnem Land on Saturday I rode home via Pine Creek and the Daly river. It's my interpretation of what the locals call the 'triangle run', except for the detour out to the daly river and about 80ks of rough bitumen and dirt. Its too rough for most road bikes ( unless you like getting air then landing in a pothole on your 'blade) but perfect for tiggers.

I didn't take photos of the ride, but I include two of a local at Pine Creek. She was operating a small mining lease out from the town and had been for about 20 years. Her noble steed was an ancient GN250 'Zook. She had just had it treated to a small tidy up and paint job.

When I asked her why she did it she replied that:

"I've had a gutfull of all the f&^%$ Hell's Accountants, wannabes and Japper davidsons coming through town so I thought I'd have a bit of fun with 'em,"  

Here she is:

Love her work! I'm going to miss the Territory.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

abruzzi

I love it.  Especially the "plastic tub" top box.  The folks at Jesse Luggage got nothin on that.

Geof

Stretch

Can be advertised as "rustproof!"