News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tyre pressures

Started by V.DUBBER, June 25, 2008, 12:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

V.DUBBER

any advice on pressures for touring, two up with fully loaded panniers and top box.

paulie

just did a ~2k mile tour, two up and overloaded(according to weight specs in the manual)

i kept mine at the pressures indicated in the owners manual, and never felt any ill effects. was also fine in the wet as well, as we encountered rain along the way.

i was way more concerned with the OEM shock as opposed to tire pressures.
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

Yukon

Quote from: "paulie"just did a ~2k mile tour, two up and overloaded(according to weight specs in the manual)

i kept mine at the pressures indicated in the owners manual, and never felt any ill effects. was also fine in the wet as well, as we encountered rain along the way.

i was way more concerned with the OEM shock as opposed to tire pressures.

Paulie,

Glad to see you made it back home safely.  It had to be a marathon ride back to Wisconsin.

Jack

paulie

hey thanks! will have pics/report up soon!
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

MadridTiger

Hi V-Dubber, when you´re touring over here in Spain, the correct pressures on spanish/european stile compressors are:
Front:  2.5Kg/cm2
Rear: 2.9Kg/cm2
This is as per my spanish owners manual and also what everyone here uses on a bike. How are the plans going for the big trip?
MadridTiger[size=84]The IRISH Cat[/size]
´07 955i in black,

V.DUBBER

Quote from: "MadridTiger"Hi V-Dubber, when you´re touring over here in Spain, the correct pressures on spanish/european stile compressors are:
Front:  2.5Kg/cm2
Rear: 2.9Kg/cm2
This is as per my spanish owners manual and also what everyone here uses on a bike. How are the plans going for the big trip?
Hi, thanks thats going to be usefull, I forgot that its different readings there. Plans going OK, taking your advice for the route, looking at an overnight stop in Toledo. Im just getting the bike sorted, fitting a SW Motech 'Trial' quick release tank bag, Hepco Becker engine bars and a few other bits. While the tanks off i'll give it a air filter change and oil/ filter. Getting exited now! If you'd like to PM me your number, if we gett some spare time, ill give you a buzz.