News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

fuel milage; what's your's?

Started by aeronca, June 22, 2008, 11:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

we've got alot of new members with new bikes and some old members with new bike's, so i thought i would revive this thread.

EDIT: :shock:
WOW, one year ago, the price of fuel here in monroe,Wa(the center of the known universe) was a lovely $4.20 a gallon. today, $2.50. WTF? :shock:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Tom Herold

05 with 28k on the odo and I'm averaging 40mpg regardless of communting or out on the highway.
1999 Triumph Trophy 1200
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2005 Triumph Tiger

"When people believe you to be the fool, why open your mouth and remove all doubt....??"
Gen. George S. Patton

HappyMan

I'm in it for fun.  I'd never spoil it by checking my mileage....
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

db7

'05 Tig, all stock....

50mpg

DB
2005 Silver Tiger

Mudhen

Quote from: "HappyMan"I'm in it for fun.  I'd never spoil it by checking my mileage....

Every party needs a pooper, that's why we invited you...
HappyMan...HappyMan...

:roll:
\'96 Steamer

M.T.

Last summer when doing highway miles  (a fairly steady 70 mph) out to Montana- South Dakota I was averaging 50 - 52 mpg.  A fairly steady 70 mph-

On my '06 Girly I ran the off road tune with the standard pipe.

I just installed the off road pipe so I am interested to see how this might affect the mileage.  Will report back...
-RainRunner Extrordinaire

TheMule

'01 with TOR pipe, 19 tooth front, conti road attacks averaging 46.9 for the last three tanks of gas (88 octane). Still "getting on it" regularly because I just can't get over the hp.

thanks,
Todd

2001 Roulette Green Tiger -

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5825

EvilBetty

Stock 2005 - 23,000 miles - 47.3 mpg
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

HappyMan

Quote from: "Mudhen"
Quote from: "HappyMan"I'm in it for fun.  I'd never spoil it by checking my mileage....

Every party needs a pooper, that's why we invited you...
HappyMan...HappyMan...

:roll:

I'm full of poop...... :roll:
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Mustang

Tigger 2 (steamer , you know the good kind of Tiger with carburetors) just got 5 miles per lump of coal at the last check   :lol:
all kidding aside it was really 47 mpg on 87 octane on the last tankful of two lane roads

xtphreak

stock pipe / unknown map

42-44 mpg (92 oct) I do have a problem with yanking the loud handle  8)

so tell a new tigger owner, is the popping on deceleration "normal" or indicative of something?

it's not annoying, but predictable.

Stretch

Yep, mild popping and burbling on the overrun is normal.

jsingraham

06 with 6500 miles, Triumph off road can/tune, everything else stock and I never get better than 47, never worse than 40 no matter the load, speed city, highway etc.

Like someone else said earlier, I am more in it for the fun, and only acknowledge the mileage when I fill it up, and don't keep records.

that is also running the low octane 87 as a general rule.

Jason in KC
06 Triumph Tiger - Caspian Blue
07 Yamaha FJR - Black Cherry
86 Honda TR200 FatCat
85 Yamaha BW200 Bigwheel
02 jr 50(really for the kids!)

Nick Calne

Quote from: "tcbezza"My 05 Tiger has 19000 miles on the clock and is completely stock.

I have been recording fuel consumption over the last 16K miles and it is averaging 50 MPG over this time. I can get as low as 43 when being energetic and as high as 55 /56 on a long lazy ride or when touring.

Don't forget I am talking imperial gallons and there is 1.2 US gallons to an imperial gallon.

One observation I have is that if I buy fuel from cheap (Supermarket) fuel stations I can see a difference in fuel consumption, typically in the region of 3 MPG less.

I get less MPG too and the bike feels a little 'dead' by comparison.  Must be bad fuel at the supermarket.  Worst = Sainsburys. :twisted:

Steady riding on the steamer gets around 45mpg (imperial).
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

TheMule

The last tank I tried driving a little more conservatively and got 48.6 mpg. I'm betting I could still do better but likely not much without taking all the fun out of riding.

thanks,
Todd

2001 Roulette Green Tiger -

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5825