News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Check Engine light

Started by JakeZ, June 27, 2008, 03:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeZ

Hi all,

I just picked up an '01 Tiger with about 13K miles on it from a friend who can't ride anymore.  Its been in a climate controlled warehouse for about three years, and the gas in it wasn't changed or stabilized.
  Today I drained the gas and put in some new feul with some injector cleaner.  The bike fired right up, a little smoky, and the engine light came on.  After a few minutes of riding it went out, and the bike is running great, with a very light ticking noise.  I plan to change the oil this weekend, but was wondering if you all thought it would be OK to ride.

Thanks

HockleyBoy

Change the oil first, check the brakes, tyres and coolant levels and you should be ok to enjoy your new Tiger. :D

PS The bike was due a major service at 12k miles, if it hasnt been done you should get it done by a dealer or carry out the work yourself.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

TigerTrax

Get a service manual.....

you can get a very nice one (new) on ebay (USA) Motorcycles > Parts and Accessories .... for $20.... every bit as nice and good as $100 manual from Triumph.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'