News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

14$ CDN for ONE bolt !!!!!

Started by klingklang, May 28, 2008, 03:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klingklang

Unfortunately, I lost the bolt that is used as a pivot on the centerstand for my tiger.  Sure, the dealer does not have it in stock as usual (it's the third world here for motorcycles)  but, 14$ CDN for a bolt is non sense to me. Sorry, but I have a problem with that.  I'll make one myself.  Just curious to see on your side how much it is to see if the canadian dealers is trying to rob us.....again

Stretch

Bike Bandit doesn't even show that bolt being available, so it would certainly be a dealer item, and one would be at the mercy of their pricing.

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorc ... er/o/m6914

But... I have a lathe also.   8)

TigerTrax

The OEM Centerstand is known to fail after little use. Those OEM centerstands are quite flimsy.... they do not have a good
solid feel.

It is suggested to replace those bolts with longer ones and Locktite them.

As for your bolt: I would take it to a good hardware store; Find a matching
thread HEXHead, Lock Washer, and nut.... that's what I did. About $2 USD.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

klingklang

my plan is to make longer one to allow a nut in the other side to lock it and place between the stand and bracket some spring loaded washers to reduce metal rattle while offroad.

rainycoastguy

I had the same problem.  I found the correct thread size Alan Head bolt at Canadian Tire and ground down the head to fit into the hole in the centrestand.  Triumph dealer couldn't supply the correct bolt.

zombie

Quote from: "klingklang"my plan is to make longer one to allow a nut in the other side to lock it and place between the stand and bracket some spring loaded washers to reduce metal rattle while offroad.

thats what I did.
works like a charm

Tigger_rider

Hi All  I had the same problem on my 99. Just drilled the holes out and installed 3/8 grade 8 bolts and nylon nuts. Did the same on my 06 Tiger as soon as I got it home. I also loktighted the mounting bolts. No problems ever again and I slide the bike sideways on the centerstand on a smooth concrete floor to get it out of the way in the carport. Dont waste the money on the stock junk bolts. The only one that is really needed is the one that limits the travel when the stand is extended annd that one really doesnt take any load.   OLY

The Kurgan

I paid $15 for one signal lens!
Parts and service is where they make their coin!
[size=84]2005 Triumph Tiger 955i (BRG)
-- TOR Can & Tune
-- Dynojet O2 Sensor Bypass
-- Factory Gel Seat, Luggage & Liners
-- Bestem Topbox
-- Bagster Tank bag & Cover
-- R&G Crash Protectors
-- 55w Fog Lights[/size]