News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Can Stoner be Stopped?

Started by HappyMan, July 12, 2008, 06:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Haveing come from a background of 500/750 Kawasaki triples i was more than glad to see two strokes come and go,even my lawn mower is a fourstroke,although i do still have a Gilera 180 runner :wink:

HappyMan

Yeah, but those two strokes sound great screaming down the track!  8)
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Chris Canning

Funny old thing having had to listen to e'm since 69,i was sick to bloody death of e'm,factory BSA's Triumph triples,Dick Manns Honda excepted.

ChrisN

The only thing I miss about my old two-stroke is the heady aroma of lightly toasted Castrol R  :wink:
Chris

Chris Canning

Thats one of the things i miss,i've had no sense of smell for nealy 15 years :(

Advwannabe

Stoner gets all surly about Vale and falls off three races in a row, finally acknowledges his bad reactions and congratulates Rossi in Japan, then wins his home race going away.

Could be a relationship between attitude and results here..........

Now Nicky is one guy who could go well on the Duke. Roll on next year.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

HappyMan

Quote from: "Advwannabe"Stoner gets all surly about Vale and falls off three races in a row, finally acknowledges his bad reactions and congratulates Rossi in Japan, then wins his home race going away.

Could be a relationship between attitude and results here..........

Now Nicky is one guy who could go well on the Duke. Roll on next year.

It's like you read my mind!  Exactly...ditto.

ChrisN

Quote from: "Advwannabe"Now Nicky is one guy who could go well on the Duke. Roll on next year.

Well he certainly took a long look at how Stoner rides his at Phillip Island  :shock: before Rossi nicked his second place spot!
Chris

Advwannabe

There's a good article about Nicky and a response to Puig's little spaz over at superbikeplanet.com

I think he's got the style that might work on the Duke. It would be good to see him back on a machine that  fits him at least
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

HappyMan

I agree.  I think Niki does have a riding style that fits the Duc.  I don't expect him to come out next year and win but I think given time he's got great potential.  I say this with much enthusiasm since I'm a big Nicky fan.  I think he's got a lot of talent but he's going to need to learn how to ride a bike with some strategy and not just balls to the wall.  Get smart on his tire choice, etc.  Next year's got a lot of potential and I expect that Stoner will be very tough to stop.