News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Found This In The Yard Today

Started by Stretch, July 13, 2008, 10:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

I've lived here since '93 (I inherited the place from my Mom), so this had to have been dropped by my Dad, sometime in the 70's...

And knowing his taste in beer, I'd hazard a guess that it's from a 12-ounce Old Milwaukee.

A blast from the past.

TigerTrax

I'd say your 'pop' was an easy going guy,  .... one can tell because the tab is only slightly bent, as if he were simply leanin back ready for a 'cool one'.

PS: Old Mil is one of my favorites: It has that 'beer taste' ( like Hamms ); It simply goes down!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Mustang

Quote from: "TigerTrax"PS: Old Mil is one of my favorites: It has that 'beer taste' ( like Hamms ); It simply goes down!
And you give me  :Topes  for drinking Hieneken???????????  :pottytrain2

You do know what Ol Mil and PBR and shiltz and the like are made from don't you ?

TigerTrax

I never gave you a hard time for drinking Hinie-Kin.... that must have been some other knowledgeable beer drinker! All I can say is ..... the winter must be long in NH if you drink that stuff.

Here on the plains...... we look for the taste....... not the 'punch'.......
after all we have long distances to drive and heavy equipment to operate!

Mustang

Quote from: "TigerTrax"I never gave you a hard time for drinking Hinie-Kin.... that must have been some other knowledgeable beer drinker! All I can say is ..... the winter must be long in NH if you drink that stuff.

Here on the plains...... we look for the taste....... not the 'punch'.......
after all we have long distances to drive and heavy equipment to operate!
All right I'll give you  that but I am giving you shit for OLD MILWAUKEE , that shit's as bad as the bikes that come from that town
Speaking of long distance , I'm leaving for GA in a few minutes and coming home with another prize ! :D

NortonCharlie

I haven't pulled one of those out of my foot since the mid 70's.  They can leave a nasty gash when stepped on while standing on edge.  By the way Pabst Blue Ribbon is my common domestic beer of choice, can't hardly stomach "Bud" products
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Mudhen

I'd hate to step on one, so I always made sure to drop them IN after I popped them off... :shock:
\'96 Steamer

paulie

yea old milwaukee is a staple "bring to share, and 'forget' it" beer around here. i occasionally subject myself to it.

PBR or High Life for me, if I'm drinking swill. I usually buy the good stuff though. Too many awesome micros around here to NOT do it. :D
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

Stretch

Quote from: "NortonCharlie"I haven't pulled one of those out of my foot since the mid 70's.  They can leave a nasty gash when stepped on while standing on edge.

Blew out my flip-flop
Stepped on a pop-top.
Cut my heel, had to cruise on back home...

Jimmy Buffett, "Margaritaville"

pit0rz

And all these years I thought he 'stepped on a pop-tart'  :ImaPoser
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

Stretch

Must've been quite stale and crunchy.  :mrgreen:

pit0rz

Enough so to make him 'cruise on back home'  :P
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

Stretch

But there's juice in the blender.
And soon it will render
That frozen concoction that helps him hang on.  

Mudhen

Quote from: "pit0rz"And all these years I thought he 'stepped on a pop-tart'  :ImaPoser

x2
\'96 Steamer

TigerTrax

Hey Stretch.....
Just imagine if you'd have found a body ... what this thread would be like!