News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

4th July

Started by HockleyBoy, July 04, 2008, 10:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockleyBoy

Have a great day all of you over there in the US. I don't suppose you will be reading this though as you will no doubt all be out riding  :D .

Look forward to the reports.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

aeronca

happy 4th to all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :occasion14  :friday  :party  :D
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

MadridTiger

Happy independence day to all of you :friday  :occasion14
MadridTiger[size=84]The IRISH Cat[/size]
ยด07 955i in black,

Mustang

Quote from: "HockleyBoy"Have a great day all of you over there in the US. I don't suppose you will be reading this though as you will no doubt all be out riding  :D .

Look forward to the reports.
Prolly won't be much riding today
today is all about

Happy 4th of July ![/size]

Stretch

Okay, I know this is really going to ruffle some feathers, but I thought it was hilarious.

This guy is going on about double standards, while making thinly-veiled references to America's double standards.  It's quite well done, actually.

Remember, it's all in fun...

http://www.break.com/index/america-rule ... sucks.html

ridin gaijin

My 4th of July last year was a really defining one for me.

I was in Connecticut and an ADV inmate in SoHo (lower Manhattan) threw a rooftop barbeque. It was really nice, a couple dozen folks showed up, he had a pair of barbeques going and everything. I left just as the fireworks were beginning (10 pm-ish) and rode up the FDR, up the east side of Manhattan.

Fireworks were bursting in the night sky over New York City--imagine it!

But. On the ground, the police presence was overwhelming. Army and National Guard units were all over the highway. Exits and entire stretches of road had been closed down. They were stopping vehicles and searching them.

It was very poetic, a study in something like the contrast between spirit and reality, between History and Now--between an inspired past and a present which confronts Americans with the loss of liberties because of religious madmen--and also our people's compliant relinquishment to ambitious and unscrupulous leaders.

I like fireworks if my daughters are around. They think they're pretty and fun.
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...