News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Anyone Out there???

Started by Ian Bungy, July 29, 2008, 07:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Bungy

Hi again,
I am still waiting for a Reply regarding the 1050 Tiger Fuel Filter??? The cheapest i can get is NZ$700 !!! Does anyone actually Read this or do you all think that is an Acceptable Price to Pay for one??? :o
Cheers Ian.
Cheers Ian.

HockleyBoy

Ian,
Don't have a 1050 but the price you are talking about does seem excessive, not sure (you will need to check) but will this do the trick?:

http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/triumph-mahle-fuel-tank-filter-2104-p.asp

It says it fits most Triumph fuel injected models and will be a little cheaper than your quote even with postage.
Regards,
Steve
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

HockleyBoy

I did a little further research and it appears that fuel filter replacement is not part of the service schedule for the 1050 (it was for 955 Tigers), see attached.

http://www.triumph.co.uk/media/Tiger_1050data_2.pdf

The $700 you have been quoted is probably for the replacement of the whole fuel pump which you should not need unless you have a problem with it.
Regards,
Steve
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Ian Bungy

Thanks for your Reply and Help HockleyBoy. I had a reply from www.tiger1050.com today as well and He Claims they do Not need to be Replaced? Anyway i will leave it as and Replace it if i have any Problems? The Excessive Cost comes from the Fact the Filter is Built into the Fuel Pump Housing so it is a one Piece Unit. Can't add a line Filter either due to the High Pressure used in Fuel Injection. Living in Thailand i was just concerned if i got any Dirty Fuel the Problems would start?
Cheers Ian.
Cheers Ian.