News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bad rub block, can I ride the bike?

Started by Milton, June 26, 2009, 02:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milton

So, I have this rub block and the strange looking chain slider on order from the local stealer. I am putting on new sprockets and chain but I don't have the slider or block here as yet. Stealer said the slider was NA but was going to try anyway (slider isn't in as bad a shape as the block, soooo....

Can I go ahead and ride the bike for a few hundred miles before these parts get here with little adverse affect? Here are the pictures.

Thanks,

Milton S.

I think original part. 43.5K

1992 BMW K100RS 4V 49K Broken but not dead. She shall arise from the ashes!

1998 Triumph Tiger. This bike rocks!

JetdocX

Nope.  Rode mine like that for a few hundred at least until I figured out what all the racket was about.   :lol:
From parts unknown.

93TigerBill

If you absolutely Must ride the bike, it is possible to wrap a couple of wide plastic cable ties around the block.  There's pics of this somewhere on this site if you look.  Will last longer than you might think!
Bill  IBA# 45911
Newcastle, Australia
\'93 Tiger Caspian Blue
130,000 km & counting!