News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

----> HELP !! <----

Started by The Kurgan, August 08, 2008, 02:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Kurgan

I took my tank and airbox off today for some routine maintenance...

For some "senior's moment" reason I don't know where this bloody plug goes? Maybe it was never attached to anything, I don't know.

Anybody?

Before I have a coronary!

Many thanks!

[size=84]2005 Triumph Tiger 955i (BRG)
-- TOR Can & Tune
-- Dynojet O2 Sensor Bypass
-- Factory Gel Seat, Luggage & Liners
-- Bestem Topbox
-- Bagster Tank bag & Cover
-- R&G Crash Protectors
-- 55w Fog Lights[/size]

curt

Quote"senior's moment"
I have some of those and I'd appreciate it if you stopped passing them around.

My bike is an 05. Same plug. Just kinda hanging there. Never been hooked up. (as far as I know) Maybe some one smarter than me knows what it's for. :)

curt
So many roads, so little time

The Kurgan

I believe it is a "spare" plug for some EU and/or California emissions sensor that most of the world didn't get  :?:

Either way, my Girly fired right up and seems fine so I'll just leave it alone.  :lol:
-- TOR Can & Tune
-- Bestem Topbox
-- R&G Crash Protectors
-- 55w Fog Lights[/size]

blacktiger

No idea what the plug's for but rest assured that it doesn't plug into anything as supplied from the factory.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

The Kurgan

Quote from: "blacktiger"No idea what the plug's for but rest assured that it doesn't plug into anything as supplied from the factory.

Thanks. It has put my mind at ease. You would think that unused plugs would be capped-off thus as to not confuse shade tree mechanics such as myself  :lol:
-- TOR Can & Tune
-- Bestem Topbox
-- R&G Crash Protectors
-- 55w Fog Lights[/size]

Bixxer Bob

I checked out the Tiger wire diagrams in my manual and can't find any that match the colours on your pics, not even the California model.  What are Trumf up to?

If anyone from the factory reads this forum I'd love to know.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

TigerTrax

It looks like the oil pump aux plug ....but I may be wrong.  :lol:
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

doc

i was wondering the same thing after i had my tank/airbox off, no problems though 12000 miles later.

Loops

I was told it's a spare injector connector - a hang over from the four cylinder engines and early engine management boxes.

My 885 has one spare too.

A case of 'they all do that'

Loops
The more I drive the more I love my Tiger

1999 efi Tiger Yellow ~ 86k miles
2012 HD Electra Glide Classic ~ 40k miles
and Her 250 Rebel ~ 5k miles (and only did 16 miles last year!!)