News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

My CARBON IMPRINT ....

Started by TigerTrax, August 14, 2008, 06:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerTrax

In a few weeks Jane and I will be taking a week end trip into Chicago.

We made our flight & hotel reservations.

Today I received a notice that my trip was all scheduled ...... AND I could
MAKE A CONTRIBUTION to the 'Conservation Fund 'Go Zero' Plan.

My Monetary 'contribution' would OFFSET my Carbon Imprint for  jet fuel emissions during the flight; Carbon footprint for staying at a hotel ( the more upscale the bigger the 'imprint'); Finally for any transportation I use during the trip!

Now this seems simple: OK ... here's $5, now where's my ride!
Aaaaah No So Fast ! They offer suggested DONATIONS based on distance you flew, type of hotel, and how many miles you need for ground transportation. ( Somebody has far too much time on their hands )

SO, If I elect to sit on my butt and do nothing... the Conservation Fund should pay me what for not burning my carbon-whatever!
 This is America by Gawd!

Do I get BONUS MONEY if I don't fart?
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

paulie

I must be in the wrong business!  :roll:

Hey by the by, let me know if you'll have any free time when you're in "The Chi". I'll swing down and have dinner with you or something!!

cheers!
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

dazco

Send me $10 and ill plant a tree for you :idea:
There is a fine line between genius and insanity, ive just crosed it.

JetdocX

Send me $20 and I'll convert the alcohol in a fifth of Maker's back into biodegradable sugar. :lol:
From parts unknown.

TigerTrax

Pauli...
We'll be there 3 nights and all 3 are planned...
Thursday = Blue Man Group
Friday =  White Sox vs LA Angels
Sat Night  = Anniv Dinner at Marche'

During the day we're everywhere .....

It will be 'on the go' all the time.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

blacktiger

There will always be people out there making money from gullible people who fall for a fake good cause.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.