News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fork Clatter

Started by Bixxer Bob, August 14, 2008, 10:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NortonCharlie

I have also heard that the springs clatter internally on the fork tubes when they compress.  My RS does a little of that.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

blacktiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"In that case I'll be looking at how I can stop it when I change the fork oil.  If something's loose enough to clonk,  it should be possible to bush or shim it out somehow without affecting the action.  I'll have to tidy up the garage so that I can get to my lathe..... :roll:

That'll be a bit like stopping your heart from beating. It's the valve closing that makes the clonk.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

In that case what I'm hearing sounds more like the springs than a valve closing.  We'll see when I get them apart.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.