News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Shop Closing in Georgia

Started by Bliker, July 06, 2008, 02:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliker

I just received this E-mail from "Machines in Motion", in Cumming Ga., that said they are closing the doors.

"Machines In Motion has closed its operations.  We have elected not to re-open for normal business following the summer holiday.  Given my health, the stress, economy, and general condition of the industry, it is in both my , and my families best interest to close the dealership.

We would like to thank everyone for the support over the years.  We will open at 9:00 a.m. Saturday July 12th for liquidation sale.  We intend to continue through the following weekend.

Everything must be sold including bikes, parts, accessories, and apparel.  The trucks, trailers, tools, fixtures, and equipment will also be sold.

Our hours will be:

Saturday

July 12th

9:00am

to

5:00pm

Sunday

July 13th

1:00pm

to

5:00pm

Monday

July 14th

10:00am

to

6:00pm

Tuesday

July 15th

to

Wednesday

July 16th

to

Thursday

July 17th

to

Friday

July 18th

to

Saturday

July 19th

9:00am

to

I will be sending out more details later this week about where to get you bikes serviced, and other details as I become aware of them.

Thank you again for your support.

Bill Reins

Machines In Motion

I hate to hear this, they are real nice people.
2004 Tiger

flux

Thanks for the heads up, I'll go in and buy some stuff I have been wanting to get.  

It's sad, but that place was dead.  Every time I went in there nobody else was there.  It was only a matter of time...

flux

Went there about 12 noon today...all the good stuff was gone.  Hardly any gear in my size left, absolutely nothing for Girlies.  They had some centerstands and pipes for the new models.  Selling all the bikes at cost... those Scramblers were beckoning me but I kept my wallet in my pocket...except for some Spy goggles that were 38% off...and a hat also 38% off.  By next weekend there won't be jack left there...

Stretch

I guess that leaves Atlanta Triumph-Ducati as the only Triumph shop in N. Ga.  Chattanooga is too damn far for me.

flux

Quote from: "Stretch"I guess that leaves Atlanta Triumph-Ducati as the only Triumph shop in N. Ga.  

Ugh...

FWIW...there ARE rumors of another metro ATL based shop aquiring the Triumph name... it's already a great shop and I'd be stoked to see them start carrying things marked with a Union Jack emblem...

Stretch

PM me their secret identity.  I want to lobby them to continue their pursuit of our marque of preference.

FullMonte

Quote from: "Stretch"I guess that leaves Atlanta Triumph-Ducati as the only Triumph shop in N. Ga.  Chattanooga is too damn far for me.

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but the Chattanooga Triumph dealer closed its doors last month.

Stretch

That certainly narrows one's choices, eh?

REGULATOR

there is a dealer here in Augusta GA

Stretch

A Triumph dealer?  Sho 'nuff?

What's the name, address, and phone number?

REGULATOR

Stretch

Sweet.  Nice to have a choice again.  I went to Atlanta Triumph-Ducati to pick up my Off-Road pipe and Tune, with no complaints, but I've heard quite a few disparaging comments about them.

I'm in Athens, so although it's a bit longer of a ride to Augusta than Atlanta, there's not as much traffic until you get off I-20, so the ride time will probably be about the same.

Anywho, welcome aboard.  Nice to have another Georgia Tiger on board here.  I've lost count of all of us, but we're slowly taking over.

Our plans for world domination are nearly complete.  

abruzzi

Not if I succeed first:

Geof

Stretch

MUAAA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!

REGULATOR

Ive ridden from here to the Nga dealer a few tmes the back roads VA Athens,   so yeah it might take you a bit, but its a nice ride...

Reccommend you call ahead,  its not a MEGLOMART dealer.  

just a smal local dealer...  Triumph and Ducati...  Big Racing efforts though

there is also another about an hour away in Batesburg SC