News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Oil Filter--Need help..

Started by advnubie, August 24, 2008, 03:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

advnubie

So I wanted to do an oil change on my 00 Tiger 900(855 i), and so I call bike bandit and they say I need a KN-192.(Kn 192 is also the one pointed to on the K&N sight.)  But when I get it, it doesn't look like a cannister it looks like the inside of a filter. (as if it were missing the exterior)

What am I missing here?  Or what part number should I be looking for?

advNubie.

abruzzi

Quote from: "advnubie"So I wanted to do an oil change on my 00 Tiger 900(855 i), and so I call bike bandit and they say I need a KN-192.(Kn 192 is also the one pointed to on the K&N sight.)  But when I get it, it doesn't look like a cannister it looks like the inside of a filter. (as if it were missing the exterior)

What am I missing here?  Or what part number should I be looking for?

advNubie.

Just go to Pep Boys (or similar) and grab a Purolator Pure One PL-14610 filter.  Some tear down tests have shown that as the best made filter on the market.  It's a touch longer than stock, so you get more filter surface.  If you want stock length, grab the 14612.  FYI, I got this info for my 955, but I'm almost positive, it is the same for the 885i.

Geof

Stretch

The fuel injected 885i in your 2000 is a completely different engine from the carb'd 885 used in '92-'98 Tigers.  The only thing the two engines share is the number of cc's in displacement.

I realize you only followed the guidelines posted on K&N's website, and chose a filter element based on an 885 engine.

Read the second post here on our Tiger Parts Cross-Reference guide...  http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,4017