News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Only Tiger at Sturgis?

Started by M.T., August 13, 2008, 05:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.T.

So I have just returned from a certain large motorcycle rally in S.D. and I couldn't help but notice a suspicious lack of representation from the Tiger folks.  I know- "not my kind of ride" and that sort of thing, but I guess I did expect to see at least one!

I've seen so many Harleys in the last few days I'm not sure if I never want to see another one or actually want to just give in and buy one!
-RainRunner Extrordinaire

Stretch

Quote from: "M.T."I know- "not my kind of ride" and that sort of thing

The ride would be great.  The crowd would not.

Sturgis and the surrounding area would be an outstanding trip come early October or so.

CrazyTed

That's kinda how I feel when I go to Daytona.  Only saw one other Tiger there and the guy wouldn't even wave at me.... slacker...
CrazyTed
Va Beach, VA
97 Tiger 885 Chili Pepper Red
06 KTM 450 EXC

abruzzi

I'm with stretch.  I ride to get away from crowds.  I've never been to Sturgis, but it always seemed like the ultimate bar-hop.

Geof

Dr. Mordo

I could not stand to be around so many HD enthusiasts.  My pal and I were looking for a comm system and went into the HD dealership in North San Antonio.  It was literally packed with 60 year old dudes and their wives.  All were wearing leathers and bandanas.  Sam and I had to leave because we were laughing so hard.  No kidding, it was the most lame bike shop I have ever been into by a long, long stretch.  Every single thing in the store, including the people, was branded with the HD logo.

I know Sturgis would be a fair number of 'real' Harley dudes, but it would also be a legion of ancient retirees finally sowing their wild oats by buying a new HD lifestyle.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

M.T.

You couldn't be more right!  "Hell's Accountants" I think they're called.

It felt strangely liberating to be driving around a Triumph and not trying to look tough!
-RainRunner Extrordinaire

Dr. Mordo

"Hell's Accountants" - That is pretty freaking funny.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

TigerTrax

I usually go to Sturgis... not this year.

My buddy 'Let's Go' Jim and I would ride our Tigers up there.
He's moved away... I had 'home work'.

We always have an OK time. Nobody gets bothered.... except for those guys who got shot 2 years ago ! But they were caught.

If I was to set a date for August 2009..... how many would want to meet up at Red Lodge, MT for lunch?
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "TigerTrax"..... Nobody gets bothered.... except for those guys who got shot 2 years ago .....

Not funny for immediate family and friends, but the way you wrote that out just cracked me up  
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

gatling

I actually saw an orange Tiger in Deadwood toward the end of the rally.  Didn't get a photo of it.   Other photos of the Sturgis event and, far more interestingly, the surrounding Black Hills, are here:

http://motofoto.cc/sturgis_motorcycle_rally.htm

The earlier posts are right on the money; Sturgis is uninteresting, but the area to the south is fascinating...

Gatling

www.motofoto.cc

2006 KLR 650

2006 Tiger