News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer Gear Change Lever REFURB/ UPGRADE

Started by Mustang, May 12, 2008, 12:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Quote from: "CrazyTed"I'd like some more information on the shifter tip you installed.  Mine has had it.  All the shifter tips I find are the ones that bolt from the top.  Where did you find one that would bolt to the horizontal hole in the Tiger shifter?
I 'found it" inside of a pc. of billet aluminum  :ImaPoser

Seriously though , I made it on a lathe and a bridgeport milling machine .

cascadetiger

Too late for me.  I just had new steering head bearings installed at the dealer.  It was a major investment, ouch!   I don't have any place to work on the bike right now though.

However,  the shifter overhaul is extremely useful, thanks for posting these tips.

offtheback

I hate you guys... 'Oh I just popped a piece of billet in the water jet in my garage or I just bent this up and then milled it on my lathe.'

If I can not fix it with a cordless drill and a pair of vice grips I am out!  Just kidding.  I love what you guys come up with.  A friend with a machine shop is a good friend indeed...

I know of two tiger in need of this fix!
Cheers,
Greg

96 Tiger (some farkles)

"It\'s not tragic to die doing what you love!"  Patrick Swaze as Bodie in Point Break

John Stenhouse

More work for Mustang
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Dr. Mordo

You guys do know that you can just replace the whole ridiculous assembly with a short shifter like the Girly, right?  I hated the stock shifter so much I replaced it on my bike before I really even rode it.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

cascadetiger

Would you have a picture of said Girly shifter on your Steamer?

Dr. Mordo

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/msg,26083#26083

I have found that the length difference has no effect on usability.

(That's what she said.)
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger