News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Girly Tire Price - Google Spreadsheet

Started by paulie, August 27, 2008, 08:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulie

So since our last two-up tour, my rear is now showing cords. It will not be ridden until it gets new rubber..  :(  I guess I'm paranoid. I'm looking to go a dual sport type tire, as I had strictly road tires on before.

As a result, I've been researching prices with great fervor. Based on the models listed in the tire thread, I've been throwing prices from various sites into a Google Spreadsheet which I have made public for all to see.  Feel free to add stuff if you want.  I'm sure I've probably missed some of the secret websites with good prices, but who knows.

The prices indicated may be outdated rather quickly too, but whatever. Can't hurt to share. Might prove useful for someone looking for tires soon like me.

Oh, and I typically rounded prices to the nearest dollar.

I think I've got it set up so anyone can edit, but let me know if it's not working.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=psXr9sMwiRlHjoib4kyaCCw&hl=en
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

John Stenhouse

Cool, like the spreadsheet, I just have a small complaint!

How come we make Avon tyres in the UK and you can buy them cheaper in the US? Huh?  :?

Rip off Britain again
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

TigerTrax

Is that delivered pricing?

You should include SWMotoTires
My Avon Distanzias were like $237 Delivered.

The Tourance were about $250 delivered.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

paulie

Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

Shipping is not included in the prices listed.

paulie

Quote from: "TigerTrax"You should include SWMotoTires

I certainly will. Thanks!

FullMonte

Paulie, it was $268 delivered for the Pirelli Scorpion Trail tires from swmotorubber.com if you want to update entry #11.

the cyclops

Thanks for all the hard work.  I just replaced the stock Anakees with Tourances at 7k and they were toast (back, the front may see 10k).  I think Presas have been discontinued.
Growing older but not up

paulie

I ended up going with Tourances also. People seem to get good life out of them, so I figured I'd give them a try. 8)

Ultimately I ended up going with a local source, as they had Tourances in stock and I didn't want to wait. Ended up getting them for $15 more than the cheapest online price. I guess it was worth it to not have to wait.

FWIW, the guy at the local shop seemed to think that the reason the Tourance EXPs suck so much is they are both different compound, and the tread depth is significantly less to begin with. Why are Metzeler screwing with a great tire?  Hopefully they don't outright replace the regular Tourances that have such a following :)

Incidently, it seems as if americanmototire.com had the cheapest price on most of the tires in my list. Not including shipping.

the cyclops

Tourances seem to be wearing great after about 1000 miles.  I don't think they are hardly as sticky as the Anakees, I guess that makes sense if they wear longer.  Part of it might be the knobs being so much higher on a new tire rolling a bit.
Growing older but not up

WIDGIN

I will never again consider even thinking of buying tires from that A**hole.  Rudest person I've ever had the displeasure to correspond with.  Spend your money with someone who appreciates their customers!

Quote from: "TigerTrax"You should include SWMotoTires
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

Stretch

You can spell 'asshole' here.  We're loose that way.  

WIDGIN

Hey Stretch, how's tricks?  We need to get a fall ride together around Suches some Sunday.  I crash tested your fender bracket a few months ago and it held up well, although the back of the fender now has a little more clearance from the oil cooler. :lol:  I couldn't ride for about two months and am now spending entirely too much time playing tennis.  However, with the cooler weather around the corner, the hills are beckoning.  :D
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

Stretch

I had heard from an anonymous source that you got kinda bunged up a few months ago.  I'm glad your leg's well now.

I'm doing the Tennessee and Mississippi portions of the TransAmerica Trail next week, so I'll have to duck out of any possible Suches plans for next weekend.

REGULATOR

Hey make sure you toss out when you plan on doing Suches....

I'll be heading to Kentucky Via 129 this weekend but am always up for a blast to the NGA on a weekend...