News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Go Tube Less

Started by pit0rz, January 26, 2008, 02:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iansoady

Quote from: "rainycoastguy"Hi Ian:

..... I think it was a quick hard jolt to the sidewall from one of the aforementioned sharp edges - and that could happen anywhere!

Rainycoastguy

Could be. However, when I remember how much effort it was to break the beads on my tyres (even the front), and that's with no pressure in, it must have been a hell of a jolt.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Sasquatch

I run my converted rims off road with lowered air pressures.  Never a problem.

2004Tiger

Quote from: "Sasquatch"25,000 miles on my converted rims.  Did tests of various glues/epoxies on aluminum to test adhesion.  Permatex RTV Black was the best blend of availability, price and function.  That is what I have in both dad's and my Tigers.
Hi. I'm resurrecting an old thread. Please detail your procedure for sealing the spokes. Have you had any leaks yet? Is there any special care needed when mounting tires?

I am serious about mounting Metzler Z6 front and rear and I think tubeless is the way to go. I don't ride dirt.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

REGULATOR

OK FNG here,  with a 2001,  so your tellign me I have TUBES in my Tires?

the tires themselves say tubeless...  spoked rims,  

ok off to google...

2004Tiger

Quote from: "REGULATOR"OK FNG here,  with a 2001,  so your tellign me I have TUBES in my Tires?    the tires themselves say tubeless...  spoked rims,     ok off to google...
Not the first one to ask. It is quite OK to put a tube in a tubeless tire. It keeps the air from leaking out of the spoke holes.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

REGULATOR

Ok,  but what did it come with?

MY bike is almost bone stock... still has British Air in the Tires so to speak

metzler tourances...

fano

Yeah, you have tubes in your tubeless tires.

offtheback

I am planning on doing the RTV conversion this winter on my wheels..  Sasquatch you used black?  I have heard of others using red and the old silicone trick but no black..  I also contacted a local wheel shop up in Denver, CO www.woodyswheelworks.com  that does conversions ~$95/wheel..  I could save the money and fill some nipples w/ rtv for that...
Cheers,
Greg

96 Tiger (some farkles)

"It\'s not tragic to die doing what you love!"  Patrick Swaze as Bodie in Point Break

Stretch

Didn't the older Tigers come with those horrible Michelins?  I forget the model... it was letters and numbers.

Not to be confused with Anakees, which are superb tires.

offtheback

That would be the T66's and the PO replaced on my bike..  They are getting replaced this winter during the 'nipple fest'..  :twisted:  Still trying to decide on what to put on..
Cheers,
Greg

96 Tiger (some farkles)

"It\'s not tragic to die doing what you love!"  Patrick Swaze as Bodie in Point Break

Stretch

Yep, that's it.  T66.

REGULATOR

my 2001 has metzler tourances on it

iansoady

Quote from: "2004Tiger"
Quote from: "Sasquatch"25,000 miles on my converted rims.  Did tests of various glues/epoxies on aluminum to test adhesion.  Permatex RTV Black was the best blend of availability, price and function.  That is what I have in both dad's and my Tigers.
Hi. I'm resurrecting an old thread. Please detail your procedure for sealing the spokes. Have you had any leaks yet? Is there any special care needed when mounting tires?

I am serious about mounting Metzler Z6 front and rear and I think tubeless is the way to go. I don't ride dirt.

See here: spoke sealing.

Done a couple of years ago and absolutely no problems.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650