News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Gas Availabilty - North Carolina

Started by Yukon, September 30, 2008, 07:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yukon

I plan on heading to the mountains of North Carolina on Thursday (Beech Mountain - Grandfather Mountain area).  Can anybody give me an update on the gas situation there?  It appears that the shortage has hit this area the hardest.

Stretch

I'll be in western NC and Tennessee this weekend myself.  I'm taking a filled gas can with me, just in case.

John Stenhouse

Why are you lot short of gas, is this something to do with Hurricane Ike
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Mustang

It appears to only be a southeast thing as us yankees in New England have plenty of all grades of gas at $3.35 a gallon !

Something to do with the distribution supply line ??????

Stretch

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"Why are you lot short of gas, is this something to do with Hurricane Ike

Yep, and hurricane Gustav a couple weeks before that.  Lots of the USA refineries and pipeline sources are on the Gulf (of Mexico) Coast of Texas and Louisiana, as are some of the offshore drilling rigs and production platforms.  They were all shut down a couple days before each hurricane hit, and are mostly repaired and back on line now, but it's taking a little while for production to catch back up with demand.

Mustang

Us yanks get our gas from New Joisey

REGULATOR

Atlanta gets its gas from a pipeline from the gulf coast,  its also a SPECIAL mixture to prevent smog , I think they sell the same stuff to all the surroundign areas...so when htye turned the source off for a few weeks...well shite...we ran out/low

Where you going Stretch?  I'm headed to Lexington KY on friday..will keep an eye out for you along the way...be neat to say hello if the planets alaigned...

Stretch

My Bro and I are leaving tomorrow morning, heading nawth on U.S. 129 (to include Deal's Gap) and then on to I-75 near Knoxville to Jellico TN, the eastern terminus of the TransAmerica Trail.  We'll spend about four days doing the Tennessee and Mississippi portions of the TAT (and various sights along the way), then a one-day slab back home by way of U.S. 78.

REGULATOR

sounds like fun,   I'm heading up on friday, back on monday will probably hit 129 on the way back, less crowded on a monday ...

I'll keep my eyes open for you

Yukon

Quote from: "Stretch"My Bro and I are leaving tomorrow morning, heading nawth on U.S. 129 (to include Deal's Gap) and then on to I-75 near Knoxville to Jellico TN, the eastern terminus of the TransAmerica Trail.  We'll spend about four days doing the Tennessee and Mississippi portions of the TAT (and various sights along the way), then a one-day slab back home by way of U.S. 78.

According to the KILLBOY website they have no problems with gas in the Deal's Gap area.  I called a friend in Boone, NC, he said there are still several stations without any gas but the ones that are open have been able to handle the demand.  Have a great trip!

Stretch

Thanks!  

I've already lashed on a 1-gallon can, just to be on the safe side.

HappyMan

Good choice Stretch.  I just got back from a ride out of Asheville and gas was short but I did find what I needed most of the time.  I did have to throw some lower octane in the ST1300 a couple of times as higher octane's were scarce.  You'll probably be fine but good to have some spare.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

REGULATOR

the tiger runs fine on regular thank goodness...

heading out on my trip tomorrow as well...

Stretch

We found a few stations that were out of high-octane, but we saw no stations that were completely out of gas.

Yukon

There were a few stations in the Boone area with no gas, but this did not present a problem since the as the ones that were open were able to handle the demand for all grades of octane.