News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

SOLD-Corbin Seat For Sale

Started by JungleGym, August 21, 2008, 10:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JungleGym

Carbon fiber print with green trim.
Barely used with no scuffs.
Hole for backrest under Corbin tag on back.
$250 OBO

-D

REGULATOR

Hmmm...

I may be interested,  and it fits a 2001?  and how does this work with the adjustable seat stuff

and where are you loacated?

I'm in GA

REGULATOR

ok see from your other post your in North Dakota....

speedysheep

What does the Corbin do to the seat height?  I tend to run the stock seat all the way up for more leg room.
Where am I to go, now that I\'ve gone too far?

REGULATOR

wondering the same thing,  is it even adjustable?

looks like it is not,  and it seems wider...   love to check out one in person...

ThreePutt

The Corbin is not adjustable. I'm guessing it's about the equivalent of the high position, but don't quote me.

It is wider than the stock seat.  Therefore it seems higher.  If you have trouble touching the ground with the stock seat, there's little chance of your feet touching with the Corbin.  Also, if it's got the hole for the passenger backrest, it will not work with the Triumph top box.  If you run the factory box you have to special order one without the hole.

All that said, I LOVE the seat!  I've got a 32" inseam and don't have a problem with the height. It gives me more leg room.  In fact, if I didn't have one on order (and the piping wasn't green) I'd probably buy this one.

Hope this helps.
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

REGULATOR

so with the seat the top box doesn't fit or you can't use the corbin backrest?

Id be interested in this but use a top box....

JungleGym

I have a Givi topbox and the seat works with mine.
I cannot speak for the Triumph topbox.  
I have heard rumors it doesn't fit, but no first hand knowledge.

I don't have the Corbin backrest, but would suspect it would not work with either a Givi or Triumph topbox.

It is a fairly wide seat.  VERY comfortable when seated especially for long riders.  If you are short of inseam, it can be challenging.  I am 5'11" with 34" inseam and it was tolerable.

-D

ThreePutt

The Corbin seat with the hole for the backrest is longer than stock.  It butts up against the luggage rack to the point where it's almost hanging over it.  That's why the Triumph top box will not work with it.  If you've got the factory box, then you know how it mounts, thus you know why the Corbin seat with the hole won't fit.

On the other hand, yes, the seat with the hole for the backrest WILL work with the Givi box.  The reason is that the mounting plate for the GIVI can be moved back, giving room for the seat.

If you want to run the factory top box and the Corbin seat, Corbin will remove the hole and shave the back of the seat, thus giving room for the top box.

I have first hand knowledge of both set-ups.
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

REGULATOR

figures...   :BangHead    and this seat is event the correct color piping..

oh well  guess I'll keep looking

JungleGym