News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WTB: Girly clutch cable

Started by patrat, February 28, 2009, 12:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrat

I am getting very frustrated with the so far 2 week lead time from bike bandit. Does anybody have a clutch cable to sell so I can get back on the road?
2001 Triumph Tiger 955i, that alien green color, 50k miles.

Stretch

I don't have one, but give these folks a call... they may have one in stock, and they'll ship it.

http://www.pure-triumph.com/

cbxtc6

I have one.  Brand new.  PM me if you still need it.

patrat

Looks like it shipped finally. Still a bummer to be missing the warm colorado weather right now.

JasonS

Is there an alternative to the $39 OEM clutch cable. In prep for the long trip I want to run a spare cable through the loom, but saving a few bucks won't hurt.. I looked through the Interchange post and didn't find anything.. or does a clutch cable NEVER fail before 20k miles...
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c

patrat

As an addenda for installation advice:

Manually routing the cable looked like it would take removal of the tank. I wasnt interested in doing so, so took the easy route. Since my old cable was already busted, I used bolt cutters to cut off the hard tube by the engine. I then taped the handle end of my new cable to the cut end of my old cable, and pulled it through. This worked nicely, but did take a fair amount of muscle. Make sure to use lots of tape, but keep it streamlined.