News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Daytona coils on a '95

Started by bad hand, October 05, 2008, 05:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bad hand

Will coils from an 04 daytona work on my steamer?

nightrunner

Maybe.  Triumph uses two kinds of on-the-plug coils.  One kind has a flat top and mounting ears where it screws to the valve cover.  The rubber boot is too big to fit into the Tiger valve cover.  Ask me how I know.  The other kind is very skinny and does not bolt to anything.  This is the type that will fit the [steamer] Tiger.  If you search ebay or Triumph parts fisch, its easy to tell one from another.  I do not know what kind the 04 Daytona used.
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

nightrunner

PS.  You'll also need some small female spade connectors to run extension wires.  And you may want to MacGuyver some sort of grommet to fill the gap between the new coils and the valve cover recess.
Scott

bad hand

Thanks Nightrunner.  The ones I'm looking at don't show mounting ears.  My coils are fine, but I thought I might take the opportunity and get the Daytona ones.  I noticed you're from Atl. I'm just up the road in Cartersville.  Maybe someday w can ride.
Thanks again---------Bad Hand

nightrunner

Yeah, a ride sounds good.  I'm buried these days but hopefully next spring I want to start riding a lot more.
Scott