News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger Bites The Dust

Started by HockleyBoy, September 06, 2008, 01:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Stenhouse

They are good but expensive, got them on the one in Canada, the Brit one has some from Jack Lilley, much cheaper seem to be as effective.
Last time I looked they were about £80. And yes I have tested them  :lol:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

HockleyBoy

I will have a look at the Jack Lilley website, the Touratech's are £199 fitted which is a little more.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Bixxer Bob

Not sure about the others, but if you're going Touratech,  treat yourself to a set of stubby spanners (check what type you need first, obviously) as the stiffnuts on the engine mounting bolts they use can be a real *** to get to.  Worth the effort tho'  they provide a convenient place to mount extra lights,  horns etc.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bixxer Bob

Couple of pics:

:lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

HockleyBoy

Hooray, the insurance company/garage just called, the Tiger is repaired  :D  apart from a new top box which they are still waiting for from Triumph. They are returning the bike now and will send the new top box when received so now I just have to wait for a delivery slot. Pity its not today as the sun is shining here and it would have been a nice day to miss an afternoons work and go for a ride.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

TigerTrax

All's well that is insured well !

Aside from any bodily bruises, scuffs, breaks!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

HockleyBoy

Quote from: "TigerTrax"Aside from any bodily bruises, scuffs, breaks!

Lucky this time, it was just bruises and the odd rib so mostly forgotton and I am itching to get out on the Tiger.  :D

I haven't seen the bike yet but it sounds like the insurance co have financed a lot of work (including a new Triumph top box which isnt bad as the old one only had a few scratches) so it should look pretty good.

Crash bars to be fitted as soon as it is returned!

HockleyBoy

Hoooooooray my Tiger is back and what is more better than before she was crashed, seems that evey part that had a scratch or marks on, whether caused by the accident, has been replaced so I have pretty much all new plastic, fork legs, engine covers, mirrors foot pegs etc. Looks like a new bike  :D

Mustang

:eusa_clap

plastic bits are expensive  :shock: