News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Steamer owner

Started by 1speed, October 19, 2008, 10:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1speed

Hi all, new guy here.
I just got back to Fort Myers FL Friday, I flew to Norfolk VA Wednesday and  bought crazyteds Tiger and rode it home. Love the bike. I will be ordering chain and sprockets from a local independent shop Monday as well as a set of TKC-80's. I already ordered a taller windshield from twistedthrottle.com (I'm 6'3")
I want to do part of the Trans America Trail in the spring so I need a little help with sourcing parts.
In no particular order, I am looking for:
serrated metal footpegs
center stand
handlebars with a little less droop on the ends
metal hand gaurd bars (bark busters?)
crash bars (found a set at jacklilley.com in England, a little over $300 shipped)
larger platform to mount on factory luggage rack
beefier skidplate
hard bag mounts to mount Pelican side cases

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jim
Jim
97 Tiger

Mustang

Quote from: "1speed"In no particular order, I am looking for:
serrated metal footpegs   take the rubber covers off there ya go serrated pegs .
center stand        http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2004/180/
handlebars with a little less droop on the ends just about any handlebar with an ATV bend works good
metal hand gaurd bars (bark busters?) these are excellent for the money  http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=69&navTitle=Control&webCatId=12&prodFamilyId=9550
crash bars (found a set at jacklilley.com in England, a little over $300 shipped)
larger platform to mount on factory luggage rack on your own here hope you are handy
beefier skidplate see above answer
hard bag mounts to mount Pelican side cases   hasn't been anything available for years you'll have to make your own

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

bad hand

Congrats on getting Ted's bike.  If it's half as good as it looked, you got a great buy.  I recently bought a 95 that came w a homemade rack and Pelican bags.  The rack's very simple and appears to be sturdy.  It uses the 4 bolts holding the stock rack, and has a cross brace across the back. I'm thinking on selling them, and would be glad to send pics if you're interested.

1speed

Mustang, thanks for the info. I looked before on twisted throttle and did not see the centerstand, how did you find it? Do they have other parts I am missing? About all I saw there for a Steamer was the windshield which I ordered.

bad hand, yes interested in the racks and bags please send pics, mailto:1speed@comcast.net">1speed@comcast.net
The bike is very clean, a little wear and tear but it is 11 years old. The chain and rear sprocket were pretty much toast by the time I got home (1140 miles), so I will order those tomorrow.
Jim
97 Tiger

1speed

Anyone know where to get the Hepco crash bars here in the US?
Jim
97 Tiger

abruzzi

Quote from: "1speed"Anyone know where to get the Hepco crash bars here in the US?

If twisted throttle isn't showing them, contact Eurotech:

http://www.eurotechmotorsports.com/

They don't sell to the public anymore, but they are the importer.  Maybe they can put you in touch with someone that does sell them.

Geof

abruzzi

I emailed Happy Trails, and they're looking into special ordering a set for me.  You might check with them as well.  The are a HB reseller in the US, and a good group of people.

Geof

nightrunner

I've got the H&B bars.  They look good but I don't think they protect as well as the Thunderbike bars from New Zealand.  There are lots of posts on the Yahoo Tiger groups from years gone by about these two types of bars.  The TB bars look pretty strange but owners report they do a good job of protecting both the rider and the painted bits.   FWIW
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

1speed

I ordered the HB bars through a local BMW dealer via Eurotech, supposed to take 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. Eurotech still lists the HB bag mounts also.
Jim
97 Tiger

offtheback

I have the Hepco's and really like them.  Gives me a place to mount some highway pegs and future lights..
Cheers,
Greg

96 Tiger (some farkles)

"It\'s not tragic to die doing what you love!"  Patrick Swaze as Bodie in Point Break