News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Blue Ridge Parkway - Free Information and Guide

Started by Stretch, January 16, 2009, 06:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

Here's a link to a FREE Blue Ridge Parkway information packet, which includes a full-color milepost guide (about the size of a magazine) and a few brochures.

Courtesy of th' Yoo-Ess Gum'mint...

http://www.blueridgeparkway.org/order.asp

Scroll down and enter '1' in the window for the Blue Ridge Parkway Information Packet.

I received mine this afternoon... nicely done, with information about sights to see, lodging, parks, camping, gas availability, etc.  I'll be riding it and Skyline Drive in October, as I travel to Virginia for a reunion (any old excuse for a bike trip will do).

matttys

I've been in the area once a year for the past 5 years. . . I've got plans to be there 3 times this year.  I'm generally bummed out when I have to stick to the roads on a trip, but I never really seem to mind while riding in this area.
\'02 Girly, \'03 F650GS Dakar, \'05 DRZ470SM, \'90 DR350, \'03 DRZ134SM

RT

Thanks for posting the info.  Order a pack today.  On my list of routes to do right after Natchez Trace.
Whatever it is, it\'s better in the wind.  ~Author Unknown

blacktiger

Only available in the USA or Canada. Bugger!
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

HappyMan

I'm headed to Charolette on Tuesday.  Last time I rented an ST1300 and road the Parkway with my extra time.  I'm not expecting any extra free time this time around unfortunately.  I'm hoping I could at least make it to the Ducati/Triumph dealer.  8)
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Yukon

Received mine today.  Well worth the time that it took to order it.

JasonS

both the Skyline Drive and the BRP are just plain stunning on several levels, from the actual construction, to the seeming isolation, to the sheer awe and varied beauty of the whole thing... I have done it twice in a car, and have played in the area twice on a bike, including a full run from south to north... weekday campgrounds were EMPTY when I went though in June of 2005... I was amazed.... do NOT neglect the side roads that intersect run E/W, running up to the BRP on both sides. There roads can be a highlight of your trip that just caps off the brilliance of the BRP... in my trip report on TRN I go into more detail and have a few pics up..... if you work it well by the time you get to the Dragon you will have already warmed up on 100's of miles of insane twisties!

Warning.. if there is Fog up there, just do go up. It is intensely intense, complete white out with the fog, drivers that run w/o lights.. .big WHITE buses one can nearly run into (ask me how I know :shock: ).. so if you can't see the top form the bottom you ain;t gunna see anything up there.. stay in the valleys on either side, as there are awesome country roads wandering along the valleys.
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c