News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

SOLD: Barkbusters VPS handguards - Black

Started by walker, November 13, 2008, 06:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2004Tiger

I visited their website and learned nothing about our bar-end weights. How do these guards fit in with them? I am interested in buying.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

walker

good question!

I wasn't able to make them fit with the weights on there - so I was just using the spacer that is on the end of the weight, and the screw for the weight. This is the same bar end weight on 1999-2006 models.... it takes up the small space between the barkbuster and the handlebar.

Item 12 is the "spacer" - it's listed as a bushing. 9 is the stock retaining bolt I reused.

if you are off roading more - then the recommended way is to remove the locknut inside the handlebar, remove the weights too - use the supplied lock and screw.

2004Tiger

Quote from: "walker"good question!

I wasn't able to make them fit with the weights on there - so I was just using the spacer that is on the end of the weight, and the screw for the weight.
if you are off roading more - then the recommended way is to remove the locknut inside the handlebar, remove the weights too - use the supplied lock and screw.

I like the look of the bar ends, so I'll pass on your Barkbusters.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.