News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

VOTE TODAY

Started by aeronca, November 04, 2008, 06:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

We have the 'strange women' part covered, no doubt.

aeronca

thats pretty good stretch, but you forgot Michell.                       And geof, for the sake of argument, yes, voting is a license to bitch. the right to vote is a fundimental birth right that we enjoy here, and it is our duty to get off our lazy ass once every 4 years and do so. and those who dont vote, really dont have anything to complain about.                    i agreee with stretch, an uniformed voter is way worse than someone who decides not to vote.    still, no matter how it goes tonight, i wouldnt want to live anywhere else in the world, i hold my glass up to America, and ofcourse our vets. :occasion14
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Stretch

Speaking of uninformed voters...

From Howard Stern's radio show...

walker

I vote every time I get the chance.... there's elections between the big presidential ones - less turnout - and I still vote (especially when they sneak in really bad ideas about spending money in my county! Oh no you didn't!).

But - for the sake of argument - here is one for the "naysayers". Odds of one vote tipping an election.... fun facts about your chance of making a difference with one vote versus, say, dying from a dog bite in the state of colorado...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081102/ap_ ... te_matters

well - time to prep the bike for the new front tire that showed up on the front porch today - watching the results doesn't change my vote - so we'll see who wins in the AM!

aeronca

check out the govorners race here in washington state. 4 years ago dino rossi challenged chris gregoire and it was the closest in the history of our country. rossi won, but gregoire got two recounts, which she lost, and paid for one more and some how got 133 more votes than rossi. go figure. and now there at it again - who will win??????????(hopefully rossi). votes do count, at least localy :D
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

abruzzi

There is an interesting post here:

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/10/ ... 00000.html

It shows, based on state, the probability that you vote will decide the presidential election.

Geof

walker

awesome voter turnout!

some of my teams lost, some of them won. I'm proud that so many turned out to vote!

I'm also glad that the robot phone messages on my answering machine will now dissapear - so tired of getting those political messages on my phone!

cool graph abruzzi

JetdocX

I unplugged my phone.  I guess I can plug it in now?  Maybe not. :lol:

What was the voter turnout, BTW?
From parts unknown.

walker

they don't have the actual final numbers - but it's close to 65%. That's huge! Around 137 million people?

TigerTrax

The Flim-Flam man is in....

He's set up his table of wares along the side of the road and has passed out the 'cool-aid'.  

Take a swig .... if you like .......

be advised . . .

It may be hard to keep down.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

abruzzi

If you live in Georgia, keep your phone unplugged.  That senate race is going to a runoff election in four weeks.

Geof

(NM has amazingly gone 100% blue on the national ticket.  It's been like 40 years since a dem won my congressional district.)

cosmo

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"Sheesh, you guys! :D

What gets me is I don't get a vote, but whoever you guys vote for sure influences us!

Hell, John, just come over here to Chicago, I'll set you up to vote like WE do, early and often....

First a trip through the local cemetaries, find a recently deceased, get a voter's card....

THAT'S how ya vote, my man!!!

Now if only WE had a Monster Raving Loonie party.

Jeff
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

zombie

re
Quote from: TigerTraxThe Flim-Flam man is in....

He's set up his table of wares along the side of the road and has passed out the 'cool-aid'. 

Take a swig .... if you like .......

be advised . . .

It may be hard to keep down.

Whats the above supposed to mean??
just curious as up till now the posts have been pretty polite.
As a naturalized citizen this was my 2 prez election I got to vote in
And my fav vote was question 2 here in Mass to decriminalize pot as all the stoners are like really happy dude

abruzzi

I've come to realize my political views are generally in the minority among most in this hobby.  You just have to accept that others are going to have strong feelings against your guy (or gal: don't get me started on Hillary OR Sarah.)  So don't worry about it--emotions get high during an elections.  

Having said that, this forum now officially supports decriminalizing pot.  I'll tolerate no dissention on the issue.  :wink:

Geof

Mustang

Quote from: "abruzzi"Having said that, this forum now officially supports decriminalizing pot.  I'll tolerate no dissention on the issue.  :wink:

Geof
 :eusa_clap