News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

any runners out there?

Started by aeronca, November 11, 2008, 12:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

just wondering if anyone out there is into running? i try to pull 4-5 miles 4 days a week and the 6-8 miles the other 2 days a week(depending on time for the longer runs) 28 - 32 miles a week. any one else?
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

cosmo

I'm old. Any running by me and there'll be something on fire behind me...
Jeff
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Stretch

I detest running, but I still do it... a couple miles at a time, a couple times a week, just to stay in shape for work.  I don't keep track of times.

TigerTrax

Stretch...
This is the kind of B.S. that we don't need!

Pull that guy off the forum....

sheesh......

where's my beer!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

aeronca

oh, did i mention i drink when i run :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Stretch

abruzzi

Quote from: "aeronca"just wondering if anyone out there is into running? i try to pull 4-5 miles 4 days a week and the 6-8 miles the other 2 days a week(depending on time for the longer runs) 28 - 32 miles a week. any one else?

If you had my X-Rays, you wouldn't be running:

http://xy.cx/xray/

Geof

Stretch

abruzzi

Quote from: "Stretch"The Bionic Man.

Yeah, except it was: we can rebuild him.  Slower...Weaker...

Stretch

Quote from: "abruzzi"
Quote from: "Stretch"The Bionic Man.

Yeah, except it was: we can rebuild him.  Slower...Weaker...

JetdocX

Geeze, Geoff!  You have an entire hardware aisle in there. :shock:

How do you get through the metal detectors during your travels as a secret agent man? :lol:
From parts unknown.

abruzzi

Quote from: "JetdocX"Geeze, Geoff!  You have an entire hardware aisle in there. :shock:

How do you get through the metal detectors during your travels as a secret agent man? :lol:

I asked the doc--did they use philips or flathead?  Turns out it was Torx.  Good thinkg too--100% titanium.  I set off metal detectors, but since TI is not magnetic, I can do MRIs ok.  I can feel the metal warming up, but it doesn't rip my leg off...

Geof

offtheback

Hmmm.. remember drinking and running, wearing funny clothes and yelling ON ON .. Anyone else a hasher??
Cheers,
Greg

96 Tiger (some farkles)

"It\'s not tragic to die doing what you love!"  Patrick Swaze as Bodie in Point Break

gazoo

Quote from: "aeronca"just wondering if anyone out there is into running? i try to pull 4-5 miles 4 days a week and the 6-8 miles the other 2 days a week(depending on time for the longer runs) 28 - 32 miles a week. any one else?

I started running in January 2007 to try and help lose some weight.  At that time, I had to walk about half of a two-mile loop near my house.  Now, after nearly two years, I've lost 70 pounds and completed 3 marathons, including Chicago last month where I qualified for Boston.

I currently run 4 days a week, totalling 25-55 miles, depending where in my training cycle I am.  Will likely switch to 6 days a week after my next marathon on December 7.

Running is as good for the mind as it is for the body!  (I can eat and drink pretty much anything and not gain any weight)  Good to see another runner here!

aeronca

i like the sound of this hashing http://harrier.net/presskit/index.html

good times :D
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!