News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Will a 100/90 - 19 Front Tire Work?

Started by FullMonte, November 10, 2008, 04:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullMonte

I noticed the klr650.com folks are now selling this model of Mefo in the USA.  I had good performance from the Mefos on my DR650.  Just curious if they would work on a Tiger.
[/url]

abruzzi

THe biggest problem is size availability.  These tires seem to have a decent following, but there is nothing as big as the standard Tiger rear.  The closest is 130/80-17.  Compare that to the steamer's 140/80 and the Girly's 150/70.  

I don't know enough about the rim widths and tire sizes to know if it is swappable.

Geof

Mustang

the physical tire size for the front rim of a steamer or a Girly this tire size is fine , what you really need to be looking at is the load rating of the tire .......a tigger aint no KLR

FullMonte

Quote from: "abruzzi"THe biggest problem is size availability.  These tires seem to have a decent following, but there is nothing as big as the standard Tiger rear.  The closest is 130/80-17.  Compare that to the steamer's 140/80 and the Girly's 150/70.  

I don't know enough about the rim widths and tire sizes to know if it is swappable.

Geof

I was only referring to the front, which happens to be a 2.5" rim on my 2005.  Not sure about the rim size on the spoked model girlies.  I'm still running a Mefo front on the DR and it handles pavement like a sportbike tire.  Not too bad offroad either.

JetdocX

Quote from: "Mustang"the physical tire size for the front rim of a steamer or a Girly this tire size is fine , what you really need to be looking at is the load rating of the tire .......a tigger aint no KLR

It doesn't matter if you ride wheelies everywhere. :lol:
From parts unknown.

FullMonte

Quote from: "Mustang"the physical tire size for the front rim of a steamer or a Girly this tire size is fine , what you really need to be looking at is the load rating of the tire .......a tigger aint no KLR

Yep, that was another concern I had about this front that I forgot to mention earlier.  According to the Mefo homepage its load rating is 57T, which is lower than the thumper sizes. :roll:  

[/url]

blacktiger

Why not just get some Conti TCK80 front and rear. They fit. They work.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.