News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Kickstand

Started by 1speed, November 14, 2008, 05:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1speed

What's with the goofy bent kickstand on these things? Mine sits over at what seems like a 45 degree angle. Has anyone tried straightening one? I'thinking of having mine straightened some and a gusset welded on in the bend as well as a larger "foot" for dirt parking.
Jim
97 Tiger

JetdocX

Just cut a hockey puck and bolt it to the sidestand foot.  That ought to give you the lift you are looking for. 8)
From parts unknown.

Mustang

Quote from: "1speed"What's with the goofy bent kickstand on these things? Mine sits over at what seems like a 45 degree angle. Has anyone tried straightening one? I'thinking of having mine straightened some and a gusset welded on in the bend as well as a larger "foot" for dirt parking.

a bernzomatic torch with a MAPP gas cylinder works nice  :D  you don't even have to take the stand off the bike , gussets are good cuz the stands  love to bend when wearing luggage . :shock:

1speed

I had heard of the hockey puck route before and almost went that way. My concern was, as Mustang said, I didn't want it bending more when I loaded it up for a trip. Let's face it, if it fails somewhere and you are in a remote location, you're left with leaning it against a tree or building or the like. That's after you picked it up in the first place, if you haven't done that yet let me tell you that sucker is HEAVY! I ordered a SW-Motech centerstand from Twisted Throttle so I can still ride the bike while I have the side stand modified. Believe it or not they had it in stock and shipped it the next day (I'm still waiting for the windshield I ordered from them a month ago). It may be a few weeks before I get the side stand done but I'll post pics when I do.
Jim
97 Tiger

JetdocX

Disable the sidestand switch when you remove the sidestand or you may not be riding it. :wink:
From parts unknown.

Mustang

Quote from: "JetdocX"Disable the sidestand switch when you remove the sidestand or you may not be riding it. :wink:

:5huh the switch only makes when the stand is down . if the stand is not there , what happens ? nothing . which is all you have to do to disable the switch ! nothing there to make the switch tiger thinks the stand is up .

JetdocX

Wrong bike, sorry.  I remember now. :wink:
From parts unknown.