News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger update:

Started by 1speed, December 11, 2008, 10:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1speed

Since the factory paint wasn't as good as it looked in the pictures and I was not a fan of the graphics, I thought I would paint the Tiger in a more "adventure bike" theme.

Originally this was to be a base color for some type of desert style camo. After I got the base color on it looked so good I thought I'd leave it like this for a while. It's Rustoleum "Fossil" satin paint. Once I decide what to do permanently I will clear coat it so it will last.

Also added MSR aluminun CR high bars.

Rox bar risers.

MSR hand guards.

Hepco-Becker crash bars, moved the Stebel air horn from the blinker down to the crash bar and added a SW-Motech centerstand.
Jim
97 Tiger

Mustang

Lookin good , but needs something to breakup that big plain look my .02 says it's begging for a british flag or something , it needs a graphic of some sort .

1speed

Quote from: "Mustang"Lookin good , but needs something to breakup that big plain look my .02 says it's begging for a british flag or something , it needs a graphic of some sort .

I agree it's a lot of plain real estate, I may go with the camo later but I love the color. What I really want that I think would help is the headlight guard on Patrick's. I have not been able to find one online yet.
Jim
97 Tiger

Kiwi Tiger

Maybee these guys can help with the light guard

www.thunderbike.co.nz
Silver 2006 955i Tiger

Dr. Mordo

Badass.  Makes me want to paint my bike.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

aeronca

i dig the bar risers and new bars. where you get them? i need some bad.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

cascadetiger

Looks like it belongs in the Afrika Corps.  I like it!

1speed

Quote from: "aeronca"i dig the bar risers and new bars. where you get them? i need some bad.

The risers came from here. http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/ ... cat_id=303 The second ones down, the "Pro-Offset Elite block Riser" which will let you use the "Fat Bars" or standard 7'8". I would have gotten the 1 1/8" bars but I had already bought the standard bars before I realized I needed the risers.

The bars and hand guards I got from a local accesory shop, just standard MSR fare. The bars are "CR high" bend.
Jim
97 Tiger

1speed

Quote from: "aeronca"i dig the bar risers and new bars. where you get them? i need some bad.

The risers came from here. http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/ ... cat_id=303 The second ones down, the "Pro-Offset Elite block Riser" which will let you use the "Fat Bars" or standard 7'8". I would have gotten the 1 1/8" bars but I had already bought the standard bars before I realized I needed the risers.

The bars and hand guards I got from a local accesory shop, just standard MSR fare. The bars are "CR high" bend.
Jim
97 Tiger

JetdocX

Quote from: "cascadetiger"Looks like it belongs in the Afrika Corps.  I like it!

Yup!  That thing is tits!  How about an urban camo theme?  Black white and gray.  Or just leave it flat white.
From parts unknown.

Dr. Mordo

How'd you prep it before you painted it?  I've been thinking about painting mine but have been dreading the prep work.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

1speed

Quote from: "Dr. Mordo"How'd you prep it before you painted it?  I've been thinking about painting mine but have been dreading the prep work.

I sanded with 200 to get through the clear coat over the graphics. Then peeled the stickers, sanded with 400 and wiped it all down with xylene. Everyone who has seen it up close can't believe it was done with rattle cans. I'm waiting on a co-worker who does airbrush work to get back from vacation, I might still pursue the desert camo thing. In keeping with the Tiger theme I also was kicking around brown tiger stripes. Any thoughts?
Jim
97 Tiger

1speed

I know it looks more like a leopard but how about this Africa Korps camo?
Jim
97 Tiger

cascadetiger

Triumph Leopard doesn't sound right.

I was thinking of the Palm Tree logo (minus the swastika!) that the Germans used.  It would look cool on the tank or side panel.  It would go with all the palm trees in your pictures.  I can't seem to get the picture of the logo onto this post.

abruzzi

I think it would look good with a red star and stencilied "Tiger" lettering.

geof