News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2009 WESTERN USA Tiger Ride-In TAHOE

Started by TigerTrax, December 14, 2008, 04:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerTrax

We have a NoCal / Tahoe rider wantin' to put together a
WEST USA Tiger Ride-In 2009.

Now this ain't no easy thing to do by oneself.... so .....
1. Let's see who knows Tahoe area and can be of HELP .....
2. Let's get a show of hands as to who would plan on attending.

If you WILL HELP or WILL ATTEND:
contact: Kyle Thomas   mailto:kdt2231@comcast.net">kdt2231@comcast.net
that's : kdt2231 at comcast dot net
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

AK Tiger

Gimme a date/time and I'm there!
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)

JetdocX

Well, shit!  I know Tahoe, Norcal and Nor NV.  I'd be happy to help if need be. Otherwise, I'm there! :lol:  :lol:  8)
From parts unknown.

Cleaverid

Give me some dates and I'll see if I can make it and/or help out.

Cleaver Boise
Always look downstream

voyageur

Hi Tiger riders:

My name is Kyle Thomas and I'm throwing my name in the hat as this 2009 Western USA Tiger Ride-in Host. I know first hand the benefit of riding with someone who knows an area. I recently rode a bicycle across Australia from Perth to Sydney and was very appreciative of a local in Perth assisting me through the myriad of bike paths out to the Darling ranges where I spent the next several weeks in the bush, outback, and country.

I know the El Dorado National Forest http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/eldorado/ roads well and think they offer some outstanding scenic riding. It's proximity to Tahoe expands the options of full day rides immensely. There is a lodge http://www.strawberry-lodge.com/ I am considering that is quaint and quiet.

Here are a couple of my thoughts: Arrive on a Friday. Saturday ride options. Saturday night event. Sunday departure. Not having been to a ride-in or rally before makes me new to this but I'm willing to give it a go. My first choice would be in the fall. Spring limits the road options as many are still closed due to snow. Summer brings a lot of traffic to the Tahoe area. Keep the e-mails and posts coming as it is encouraging.

Best regards,

Kyle Thomas

JetdocX

I vote Fall, too.  Spring is usually cold and snowy.  Oct 15th at the latest, IMO. :wink:
From parts unknown.

MikeBenzon

I too plan to attend and help. I concur that the fall time is the best time for temps and road conditions. I think this is a good site to use as the main source for information.
Mike Benzon
Burney CA
00 Suzuki DRZ 400S
05 Triumph Tiger Lucifer Orange
08 Harley Ultra Classic Anniversary Copper

http://fast87.smugmug.com/

paulie

You have my attention! Been wanting to ride out west to visit old friends in OR and WA, so this would coincide nicely.

:wink:
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

fishnbiker

The Lake Tahoe Ride In sounds great! The suggested date of no later than Oct. 15 may not. The local weather there could be fine, (although I have been there in July with frost on my tent) but you may want to think of where the attendees might come from & what type of weather they would be interested in riding through. For us up in the Northwest, the end of Sept would be the limit for most riders doing more than a few hours at a time. As long as the little rats are back in school, September  would be have more empty roads in warmer temperatures with the added benefit of more daylight hours.

That's my vote
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

AK Tiger

+1 on the September date.  I went up to Bishop, CA this past October 3-4 and hit temps in the high 20's.  All of the passes were closed due to snow.

Naturally that means if we do the ride in September, the temperatures will be 100+ with thunderstorms, but hey, it makes for great stories!
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)

JetdocX

Quote from: "AK Tiger"+1 on the September date.  I went up to Bishop, CA this past October 3-4 and hit temps in the high 20's.  All of the passes were closed due to snow.

Naturally that means if we do the ride in September, the temperatures will be 100+ with thunderstorms, but hey, it makes for great stories!

And a few days later, temps went back up into the 70's.  I like a fall date so Sept or Oct work for me.  Weather at high altitudes is at best unpredictable.  A day or so notice is all the warning we can expect around here for a storm.
From parts unknown.

DobroDog

Good times to be had!!!

Does the tourist traffic die down in September?

Tim
DobroDog

voyageur

Hey riders,

The dates for the Tahoe ride in will be 25,26, and 27 September 2007 (edit note: 2009). The location is the Historic Strawberry Lodge, 17510 Highway 50, Kyburz, CA, (530) 659-0420. I'll be posting camping options soon.

Regards,

Kyle Thomas
aka Voyageur

Mustang

Quote from: "voyageur"Hey riders,

The dates for the Tahoe ride in will be 25,26, and 27 September 2007. The location is the Historic Strawberry Lodge, 17510 Highway 50, Kyburz, CA, (530) 659-0420. I'll be posting camping options soon.

Regards,

Kyle Thomas
aka Voyageur

you might want to edit the date .....looks like it happened already 2 years ago  :ImaPoser

voyageur

Yes, yes, by all means please attend the event in 2009. Though I live in a time warp my intention was to type 2009, not 2007. I do wish I could create a better excuse like my sevens look like nines but even that's not the truth; not to mention the fact its typed.

Voyageur