News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2009 WESTERN USA Tiger Ride-In TAHOE

Started by TigerTrax, December 14, 2008, 04:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

I was hoping it would be around Labor Day ........I will be out west in the end of August but not sept.  Oh Well maybe next time  :cry:

aeronca

i'll try and clear some time - looks fun :D
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

tgrrdr

is there enough interest to make this happen? It's too far out for me to commit but I'm a definite maybe.
Bill Bornman 98BRG 05
N37-57.7 W122-05.0

TigerTrax

We've found that setting location and dates in Jan-Feb is best... many folks set their vacation time early in the year.....

Is this going to happen? Of course it is.  It's been happening 6 years... you should try it. We draw from 1000 - 2000 miles; The average is about 600 miles. If you are looking for vendor tents, sexy gals, and entertainment.... NOT. This is a riders rally. We try to locate the events so the journey to-from is as much a part of the adventure. Bring your camera and bring a smile. You will meet some fine folks and see some gorgeous country.

We want you to pre-register so we can have a count for any commitments we have to make B-4 you get there.

Contact the organizer Kyle Thomas just tell him you will be there, that's how things get done.:  mailto:kdt2231@comcast.net">kdt2231@comcast.net
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Tigger_rider

Hi All
 I will probably be there if work permits. Its on the office schedule board now. I will try and talk Jon and his yeller Tiger into riding down with me. I am in Tacoma, Wash, so anyone in the area that is going, drop me a line at mailto:Tiggerider06@gmail.com">Tiggerider06@gmail.com and lets get our own pack together for the ride down.   OLY

TigerTrax

I'd like to really encourage the WEST riders to make a big showing...

Kyle would love to see a great turnout.

voyageur

Hi Tiger Riders,

Having just returned from cyclotouring the Eastern U.S. I'm ready to give this event much more attention. I will do my best to communicate what is available and what to expect. For starters I have had approximately 25 e-mails of people who are interested in the event. I have responded to each of them individually. At the moment I have created a distribution list and will notify members when I have posted new information on this site. I will be posting pictures of campsites and gps information soon.

Hope to see you in September.

Kyle Thomas

Jon KB

Quote from: "Tigger_rider"Hi All
 I will probably be there if work permits. Its on the office schedule board now. I will try and talk Jon and his yeller Tiger into riding down with me. I am in Tacoma, Wash, so anyone in the area that is going, drop me a line at mailto:Tiggerider06@gmail.com">Tiggerider06@gmail.com and lets get our own pack together for the ride down.   OLY

Thanks for the invite Oly, the wife says we're going so that's the plan.
Off-line you mentioned someone from Portland OR may join us on the ride down so that makes four from the northwest.javascript:emoticon(':D')

Anyone else from the northwest know if their going yet?javascript:emoticon(':?:')
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time
mailto:ttigerfoot@gmail.com\">ttigerfoot@gmail.com

TigerTrax

Another spot for Tiger Ride-In updates/pics, etc.... you will find this valuable.

http://www.nittanyroadriders.com/TRIn/TRI-Events09.htm

ORTiger

I'll be coming down from Portland.  This is my first Tiger gathering, so I'm looking forward to it.
ORTiger

TigerTrax

Looks like the riders from WA & OR are travelers....this list is building nicely. Looks like a very good turnout of attendees.

Folks... It ain't formal and it ain't a show... but take my word for it...
you will very much enjoy  it. You'll have a great destination ride, meet some fine folks, and head home waiting for the next event.... perhaps in
your neighborhood!

Please make certain that you contact our
the POC who is organizing the event.
He needs to know who is attending so he
can make plans for events/meals, etc.

Western Tiger Ride-In
Sept 25 -27 2009
Strawberry Lodge ( 12 miles from Kyburz, CA )
Kyburz, CA

POC: Kyle Thomas    mailto:kdt2231@comcast.net">kdt2231@comcast.net

GPS Points:
Lat: 43.742691
Long: -84.621620

N 43° 44.56146 min
W 084° 37.2972 min

voyageur

Lovers Leap Campground is located 1748 feet from Strawberry Lodge according to the distance measurement tool in Google Maps. The link should open as a pdf and contain most pertinent information. This campground is primarily used by climbers. By September most of them are back in school or looking for jobs in the ski resorts. The fee is ten dollars a night and the amenities are classified as primitive by the U.S. Forest Service, i.e. pit toilets, no showers. Showers are available however at the Strawberry Lodge. This first Picture is of the entrance to the campground. I took my Garmin E trex with me and marked waypoints of these pictures. The pictures are thumbnails and clicking on them will open a larger one in another window.

Elev: 5711; N 38.47.949; W 120.08.502

This message board gives the primary information for staying at the campground.
Elev: 5710 ft; N 38.47.967; W 120.08.429

There are bears in the area and each campsite has a food locker. Use these lockers, even for toothpaste. The locker can be seen on the left side of this picture
Elev: 5748; N 38.47.983; W 120.08.438

Finally for you history buffs. The Pony Express (XP) trail ran through this campground at one time. Kit Carson, John C Fremont, and Snowshoe Thompson all used this route as well. The trail markers are a few feet in the air for visibility during winter months.
Elev: 5723; N 38.47.963; W 120.08.463

I'm looking forward to anyone that will show up and enjoy this beautiful part of California. My next post will feature information on Strawberry Lodge and subsequent posts will feature additional camping information. Please keep in mind that this is my first attempt at hosting a ride in and that I have never been to one myself. Any reasonable suggestions would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Kyle Thomas

voyageur

I was on my way up to Silver Lake the other day on my Tiger. Saw another rider behind and low and behold it was another Tiger. We stopped and exchanged some pleasantries. Martin Pawson was his name. We later met over coffee and Martin has agreed to come up with a couple of rides for the event. One of his I believe will include dirt.

I've been receiving a lot inquires about the event. The interest list stands at about 31 now. I hope half show up. My next step will be to arrange the Saturday night meal with Robin, the lodge owner. If you are planning on staying at the lodge I suggest making your reservation. The event is definitely a go!

TigerTrax

Just a note to you Tiger riders....
these events are for Tiger riders. Gret roads; We do forest trails where permissable ( road some bumpy ones in West VA last year ).....

But mostly .... it is a terrific time for all. The positive feedback from riders
never ceases to amaze me....

We want you to join us.... take the time ... make the trip.

We've had riders travel 2000 miles ONE way to attend.....  So if it's a full day to get there....that's a cake walk!

I know we'll have riders traveling about 1000 miles to MI. Those in MI- IL-IN-OH-WI-MN-IA- should be overrunning the place... we'll see!

I hope to see alot of faces from these forums.

JetdocX

There's also trackdays at Reno-Fernley Raceway (about an hour east of Reno) both Saturday and Sunday for those who would like to see how well your Tiger does on the track.

$135 gets you on the track for C group per day plus lunch.  Tech consists of removing your mirrors and taping up your tail light and blinkers.  Something like six 20 minute track sessions with free instruction from some really cool people.  Doug Polen's 1 on 1 rider school will be there on the 26th if you so choose.

More info here:
http://www.sierrasportbike.com/IE/trackdays.html

I am a member if SSA but get no reward for bringing more riders to trackday.
From parts unknown.