News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2009 WESTERN USA Tiger Ride-In TAHOE

Started by TigerTrax, December 14, 2008, 04:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertDog

I'll be there.  The tunnel looks like fun.  Let the adventures begin.

tt

Jon KB

I have everything packed and sitting in the house. I hope it all fits on the bike. We leave in the morning at 10AM. A nice although possibly not leisurely ride through Southern Washington followed by a probably ill-fated attempt to ride all motorcycle worthy roads in Eastern Oregon and then an attempt to ride every pass in Northern California to arrive at Strawberry Lodge noonish on Friday.  We are tenting it on the way down and on the way back but staying at the lodge for the weekend. Hope to see many Tigers when we get there. While my wife won't make it this time, her time at home will not be wasted. Yesterday we picked up her new, 10 miles on the odometer 2008 Triumph Rocket Classic which she will spend her free time on growing accustom to  2300cc's as opposed to her 800cc Marauder. Anyone in the market for 800cc's? We tried for six months to get her comfortable on the Tiger but it just wasn't happening.
 Hope to see many Tigers when we get there.
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time
mailto:ttigerfoot@gmail.com\">ttigerfoot@gmail.com

AK Tiger

Well ladies and gentlemen, as much as I've looked forward to this trip, it just isn't going to happen.  My dear father-in-law has about a 50/50 chance of making it through this weekend due to poor health.  For obvious reasons, a trip to Tahoe would be ill-advised.  

Ride safe my friends.  Perhaps we'll meet at the 2nd Annual Western Tiger Ride-in.
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)

TigerTrax

Western Tiger Riders....

On behalf of all Tiger riders .... We wish you a grand event.

I know Kyle has put in alot of effort as well as a few others.

You will meet some great folks on this journey and look forward to
having your paths cross again.

Take plenty of pics.... make us all jealous!

Jerry
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

JetdocX

I'll gladly lead a Sunday ride with a tunnel climax at high altitude.  Easy ride up the west shore.  Jump off in Tahoe City and take the dirty way to Truckee, then head up old Highway 40 to the point of tunnel vision.

No hard riding, just keep the throttle on and get up on your pegs for the slippery stuff, boys.

There will be water crossings in the tunnels. :D

It will be fun.  Or else! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
From parts unknown.

JetdocX

What's on store for Saturday?
From parts unknown.

voyageur

Jon and Kim arrived from Washington on Thursday. Hope to have dinner here at the lodge on Friday around 7:00 PM to make introductions and such. Saturday will depend on how many show up. The plan is to ride south to Ebbets then north around the lake. Jetdocx, your offer to lead a ride up through the tunnels on Sunday is fantastic. Should we have more than fifteen riders come in perhaps we could split and make that an offering on Saturday. We (Martin and I) were coming up with routes and maps and thought "what if only five riders show up and we have six routes?" Hopefully we can ride together and enjoy each others company.

JetdocX

I'm working tomorrow, :evil:   I'm going to try to make dinner at the Strawberry Lodge? tomorrow night, right?

Voyager, check your mail.
From parts unknown.

voyageur

Now that the event is over, please head over to Ride Report for the rest of the story. Thanks to everyone who participated. It is your attendance that made this worth while.