News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dakar is now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by aeronca, December 16, 2008, 04:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

Quote from: "abruzzi"Interesting looking at the competitors, about:

1 Kawsaki
1 Suzuki
1 Husky
2 Jincheng
3 Betas
3 BMWs
3 Shercos
4 Gas-Gas
25 hondas
50 Yamahas
150 KTMs

This is definitely KTMs game.

Geof

Except when Peterhansel was riding Yamahas and except when BMW won for a couple of years. KTM win it because they have the mostest bestest bikes most of the time. Except when another manufacturer puts in the required cash.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

aeronca

DONT FORGET - THIS WEEKEND IS DAKAR. THE TV CHANEL VERSUS IS SHOWING HIGHLIGHTS ON SUNDAY AND EVERYDAY AFTER.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Stretch

Be there or be square.

Stretch

Bitchin'!  Thanks for the link!

aeronca

this is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
marc coma is riding great, but what a finish for cyril despres. finishing on a tireless rim - wtf :shock: the guy's a steed. thanks fano for the the link. much better than the tv coverage.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

aeronca

bu-buy cyril, looks like coma may be king this year, maybe, just maybe street can catch him and take the finish. so far it's been a pretty cool race. 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Advwannabe

Those guys are all legends, even Charlie Boorman when he entered and he whined a lot.

Was gutted when they didn't run this in '08
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Bixxer Bob

Just imagine....  Jo Street was offered a Water Carrier ride for KTM factory team,  he turned it down in favour of a privateer ride.... there'll be red faces all round at the factory if he wins.  Go Jonah!!!!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

fano

Jonah is the second overall after today.  :rock-1

aeronca

YEAHHHHHHHHH.   JONAH STREET IS DA MAN.  god i wish i was there. :wav
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

fano

Jonah is the winner of todays stage.   :P

http://www.sbs.com.au/dakar2009/

aeronca

man, jonah's got to fix  that wrist, and get up to first. marc coma is a great rider though!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

John Stenhouse

Jonah retired yesterday as he couldn't hold the bike up with that wrist, shame he was doing good too
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

aeronca

WOW, now thats a let down. but hey, thats racing. the guy did great though. Marc Coma is an excelent rider and is doing good, and Cyril is coming back. what impressed me was the yamaha wr450's. they are really doing well against the big KTM, and BMW backed machines. that tells me alot about the riders. man i wish i could ride 1/1,000,000th as good as those guy's, and gals. im torn between what is the greatest race for me - the "Isle of Man", or "Dakar". this new Dakar is really proving to be good.Damn Good!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!