News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Oil

Started by cavernicola, June 20, 2006, 07:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavernicola

hi,

i've just bought a '99 tiger with 35000km (21000miles) and first of all i went to the local triumph dealer for an oil and filters change. they have used a semi-synthetic oil and told me to change it every 5000km. i've been reading the owners manual and it says oil must be 100% synthetic and the change is every 10000km. what oil do you use on your tigers?

thks from spain
50.000 miles beneath my brain

---ten years after---

Brother Number One

Hi C,

I've got semi in mine at the moment but will change to synth next time.  I think the normal service interval is 10000km and I'm pretty sure it's okay to leave semi in for this long.

Be cool,

Dave

:D
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

german

Hi, normally in my last bike I replaced the oil every 3000kms (semi) and 5000kms (synthetic), now with my tiger I have 8000kms with the same oil and I fell necessary the oil replacement, it is a felling.

I use Motul 300V.
Tiger 05´, Tiger 09´ ABS, CB550 76´

Chris Canning

Although i use fully syn because i get it for free!,semi syn is more than good enough,which dealer did you go to?? Motovia 52!

Sofalofa2005

My dealer's used Silkolene semi-synthetic since day one (done 13,000 miles now). When I told them I was concerned that the manual said it should use fully synthetic, they told me Mobile 1 fully synthetic has caused problems on some bikes and they have found all the 955i engines run better with Silkolene semi... mine seems to run fine so I'll stick with what they say...

Brother Number One

Never heard of Mobil 1 causing a problem.  About ten years ago I phoned the Triumph factory and the guy confirmed that Mobil 1 was, at the time, the very best oil to run all Triumphs on.
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

TigerTrax

I used Bel-Ray Semi Synth  10-40 thru 52,000 miles on my '98 Tiger.

Never a problem....
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

cavernicola

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Although i use fully syn because i get it for free!,semi syn is more than good enough,which dealer did you go to?? Motovia 52!

it took me 2 and a half years to answer, but yes, it was motovia 52!
as you can see i dont log in as much as i should..
anyway, you know them?

(happy new year!!)
50.000 miles beneath my brain

---ten years after---

Kiwi Tiger

:wav  Surely that must be a record  :occasion14
Silver 2006 955i Tiger